Content Manager

What is your name? Natalie B.

What is your profession? Content Manager

What company do you work for? Fancy.com

How long have you been in this role? 1 year 5 months.

What did you study in college? Media Studies

Why did you choose this job? I’ve always been a fan of visual sites like Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest before it was over-run with pictures of weddings. I wanted to be behind the curation of something unique and eye-catching.

What is an average day like in your role? Sourcing material from our wide array of products, finding which images go well together to catch the user’s eye and promote sales.

What’s the most challenging part of your full-time job? No day is the same. Trends and products are always changing, and that can be a challenge. But that’s also what makes each day exciting!

What’s your favorite part of the job? Knowing that I am creating something that enhances and guides the user experience every time they come to the site.

What’s a common misconception about your job? Content doesn’t just mean curating a homepage! My team works on everything from newsletters to email promotions, to working with the business development and wholesale teams, and much more.

Any tips for current college students who aspire to be a Content Manager? Sharpen up your computer skills in every sense. From Excel to Photoshop, you’ll be using it all.

If you had a time machine and could travel back to visit yourself in college, what’s the #1 piece of advice you would have given yourself? Don’t take yourself too seriously in college. Work hard, join as many groups as possible, but have fun with it.

What is a fun perk of your job? Free swag. Companies send us free samples all the time! Food samples are a personal fav…

campusliz

Published by
campusliz

Recent Posts

Help Change the World by Interning at Arup

If you have not heard of Arup, you have likely seen their firm’s work firsthand…

2 months ago

Want a Career with Impact? Work at the American Heart Association

When looking to start your career, you consider the type of work involved, but do…

3 months ago

Learn How The Estée Lauder Companies Champions Diversity & Career Advancement in the Beauty Industry

Like many industries, the beauty industry has grown to be one of the fastest evolving…

4 months ago

Discover the Future of Professional Development: KPMG Lakehouse Propels Early Career Success

Welcome to the ideal destination for professional transformation and growth—KPMG Lakehouse. Are you an early…

4 months ago

Discover Why Students Love Interning with Elevance Health

Applying for internships can be a stressful process, especially as the pressure increases for college…

5 months ago

A Future-Ready Workforce at KPMG: Investing Ahead of the Curve

KPMG, one of the Big 4 Accounting Firms, has taken their investment in new hires…

5 months ago