On the Job

This week we are featuring a bright young woman who knows what she wants and is on her way to getting it.

Jessica Bettencourt has got what it takes.

She actually was courted by Insight Global after they saw her resume on the Joblink page of the SPU website.

In a world where so many college graduates are having trouble finding jobs and even internships, Jessica Bettencourt is truly a success story. Just graduated from Seattle Pacific University with a degree in Communications, Jessica has found both an internship and a job, in that order, at two different companies.

Now that she has her job lined up, Bettencourt is allowing herself one month stint in France before she starts her internship with the promotions department of radio station KWJZ. After three months there Bettencourt will be full time at Insight Global, a staffing company where she will be working as a recruiter.

Jessica Bettencourt hopes to stay with Insight Global for some time, where she will be interviewing well qualified IT consultants and working with Fortune 500 and 1000 companies. Bettencourt says there are great opportunities for her to grow professionally there, and hopes to work her way up the corporate ladder and become an account manager.

This doesn’t mean the end of Bettencourt’s job aspirations, however. She has been involved in sports both on and off the field since she was a little kid, playing just about every game in the book. So while Bettencourt has found a job she has not yet started what she would consider her career. She says that she is still searching for what she truly wants to do; sports broadcasting, specifically for ESPN.

When speaking of her family Jessica Bettencourt says she is “the outgoing one who loves attention.” She says she grew up with a lot of laughter in her life and a great family who loves her more than she can know. Bettencourt attributes most of her success to her parents, saying she, “honestly would not be where I am without my parents. Every interview I go to and every job offer that has come my way has been a direct reflection of the character that they have helped me become. It doesn’t mean I am not independent. They have helped me to be very independent and quite the entrepreneur.”

Nathan Parcells

Published by
Nathan Parcells

Recent Posts

Want a Career that Matters? Discover Tata Consultancy Services and its Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that has…

3 weeks ago

How ‘Early Careers’ at Tata Consultancy Services Prepares You for a Career with Impact

Taking a leap and joining an internship can come with many unknowns – Will I…

3 weeks ago

From interns to analysts with Capital One’s Analyst Internship Program

Capital One’s Analyst Internship Program (AIP) is the launchpad for a satisfying career in business…

3 weeks ago

Help Change the World by Interning at Arup

If you have not heard of Arup, you have likely seen their firm’s work firsthand…

3 months ago

Want a Career with Impact? Work at the American Heart Association

When looking to start your career, you consider the type of work involved, but do…

4 months ago

Learn How The Estée Lauder Companies Champions Diversity & Career Advancement in the Beauty Industry

Like many industries, the beauty industry has grown to be one of the fastest evolving…

5 months ago