Categories: articles

From Mad Men Viewer to Advertising Intern: My InternMatch Success Story

In the summer of 2012 I watched Mad Men each day after my internship. I admit that I was obsessed. It was a great routine until I finished the 4th season and the 5th hadn’t been posted on Netflix yet. I had fallen in love with the world of advertising and wanted to know what it was really like.

I searched for different internship sites and came across Internmatch.com. I found an internship at an advertising agency in New York City where I went to college… and it was even paid! I was certain that it was my lucky day: I started seeing myself in Joan outfits creating great campaigns like Peggy.

The application was more in depth than others: I submitted a cover letter, my resume, and a short essay on why I wanted to work there. I was quite excited about the last part because it gave me an extra opportunity to shine. I love writing and made my piece as creative and unique as I could. I wanted to stand out and make sure they knew that I was passionate about their work. I applied and hoped that I would hear back…

Photo Credit: AMC

Angelica Valentine

Published by
Angelica Valentine

Recent Posts

Want a Career that Matters? Discover Tata Consultancy Services and its Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that has…

1 day ago

How ‘Early Careers’ at Tata Consultancy Services Prepares You for a Career with Impact

Taking a leap and joining an internship can come with many unknowns – Will I…

2 days ago

From interns to analysts with Capital One’s Analyst Internship Program

Capital One’s Analyst Internship Program (AIP) is the launchpad for a satisfying career in business…

2 days ago

Help Change the World by Interning at Arup

If you have not heard of Arup, you have likely seen their firm’s work firsthand…

3 months ago

Want a Career with Impact? Work at the American Heart Association

When looking to start your career, you consider the type of work involved, but do…

3 months ago

Learn How The Estée Lauder Companies Champions Diversity & Career Advancement in the Beauty Industry

Like many industries, the beauty industry has grown to be one of the fastest evolving…

4 months ago