PCIR Production Support Engineer
As a Barclays PCIR Production Support Engineer, you will perform a critical role in BX Run the Bank with accountability to ensure stability, continuity, and availability of the application, in addition to providing rapid response to incidents and escalated user queries. You will own, maintain, and track incidents and problems through their entire lifecycle. This is a hands-on technical role and so you must work independently. You should also have managed stakeholder communication and lead production incidents from Run the Bank.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 333 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Accounting for the technical resolution of incidents, reacting quickly and as necessary to live software errors to limit downtime and resolve the issue
• Taking accountability for ownership and execution of all application related activities in the day-to-day operations of the Banks production applications related
• Owning and prioritizing of individual incidents and ensuring the delivery of solutions in line with the Operational Level Agreements to deadlines and quality standards
• Assisting in the handover of new or enhanced software into business-as-usual (BAU) operation, absorbing and assimilating the information
• Ensuring the delivery of documentation to decided standards, on time and error free
• Providing shift-based cover and assistance, providing expertise and specialized system knowledge to allow resolution of key incidents outside of business hours (i.e., on-call)
• Having flexible working hours and Ad-hoc overtime including weekend on-call on rotation
What we’re looking for:
• Experience with Linux scripting
• Experience with Batch Schedulers- TWS/Autosys
• Experience with Connect Direct, IBM MQ
• Experience with Oracle PL/SQL
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of AppDynamics, Wily, Geneos ITRS
• Familiarity with Open source Kafka, Open shift
• Knowledge with ITIL V3/V4
• Knowledge of Payments Domain is a significant plus
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
We’re a global, vital and highly respected financial organisation with an inspiring Purpose. Operating in 50 countries and employing around 83,000 people across the world, we help communities, individuals and businesses thrive. And we’ve created financial solutions and technology that the world now takes for granted. A career with us can offer incredible variety, depth and breadth of experience, and the chance to learn from some of the best minds in technology and finance.