Summary of Internship: The Cloud Automation Internship position provides an excellent opportunity for computer engineering or computer science students to get hands on experience working with other engineers in a fast paced global environment. Opportunities are endless in developing new tools, automation, deployment pipelines, processes, procedures, or taking on new and exciting public cloud projects.
- Manage, develop, and deploy automation technologies in AWS and other public clouds
- Manage code and infrastructure as code deployments using Python, Terraform, Ansible, and various SCM tools
- Work collaboratively with our Engineering and Architecture teams to develop and deploy robust cloud automation
- Work with Continuous Integration/Configuration platforms and tools to automate infrastructure provisioning and deployment
- Participate in Agile methodologies including use of Jira / Confluence
- Enforce company's infrastructure architecture standards and policies to maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility
- Ability to work in a team structure, make decisions, solve problems, communicate inside & outside the organization, and analyze, plan, organize and prioritize work
- Embody the 4i values: integrity, innovation, intensity, and involvement.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in some or all of the following platforms and technologies:
- Expertise in Python / JSON / RESTful services
- Amazon AWS
- Hashicorp's Suite (Vault, Terraform, Consul, Packer)
- Ansible or other configuration management tools
- Container platforms (Examples: Docker, Kubernetes, EKS)
- NoSQL platforms (Examples: DynamoDB)
- Experience in the design, implementation and operational support of cloud automation
- Excellent understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability of systems and automation
- Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products
- Experience in developing technology roadmaps and strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders and IT teams
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical designs to meet business needs.
The position starts in May/June, paid working 40 hours per week through August/September. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.