- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational/Technical 2-year electro/mechanical certificate or electrical or mechanical union apprenticeship with 5-8 years’ experience in an automated manufacturing environment. Extensive relevant experience may be considered in lieu of certificate.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in PLC/HMI programming, vision, robotics, and Ethernet communications.
- Proven diagnostics and troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Experience w/data loggers, temperature/humidity monitoring systems is a plus.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends in order to keep facilities and equipment operational.
- May be required to work a shift of Friday through Tuesday- 8 hours dayshift.
- Will be on call for manufacturing and facilities and must be able to work 1st and 3rd shift emergencies.
- May be exposed to cold, heat, noise, dust, fumes, paint, chemicals, oil, or grease depending upon the area in which work needs to be performed.
- May be required to gown-up to work in manufacturing and will wear hair covering on head and arms, and safety glasses with side shields.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must wear company provided uniform and safety glasses and safety shoes.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
- Proven ability to repair and maintain machinery - electrical, mechanical and controls.
- A strong mechanical aptitude and background in mechanical maintenance troubleshooting and repair is required.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical and mechanical blueprints, assembly drawings, bills of material, equipment and device manuals, and ladder logic.
- Must have an understanding of 24VDC and 120VAC digital control circuits, 0-10V and 4-20mA analog circuits, 90VDC and 120/208/480VAC motor circuits.
- Must be able to recommend, select and install various sensors including photoelectric, proximity, pressure, flow, level, temperature, load cells, etc., with minimum direction.
- Above average mathematical/analytical skills to perform calculations.
- Must be able to install electrical enclosures, motors, other devices.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, maintain and replace mechanical components of equipment such at gearboxes, pumps, conveyors, bearings, power transmission including sprockets, chains, belts, gears, servo motors, vfd’s.
- Ability to recognize necessary equipment spare part components and advise MRO inventory manager or maintenance supervisor or planner for procurement.
- Requires excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires excellent organizational skills and ability to collect/sort and analyze data for record keeping.
- Familiarity with data loggers/video jet printers/labelers/Temperature Monitoring Systems and vision systems a plus
- Must be able to work well with others in various departments in a cooperative manner.
This position is not approved for relocation benefits.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.