When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
LOCATION/DIVISION SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Pleasanton/Genetic Sciences Division (GSD)
HOW WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT?
Oligonucleotides are critical components of scientific research and are used whether our customers are accelerating life science research, solving complex analytical challenges or improving patient diagnostics and therapies. By developing optimized and cost-effective oligonucleotides manufacturing processes, we enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and a safer place.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives concurrently to meet product and process release/transfer timelines.
- Collaborate with R&D, QA, QC, and operations functions to ensure on-time, robust, and cost-effective transfer of new products/processes into Manufacturing
- Transfer functional QC test methods
- Design, execute, and analyze verification and validation studies of manufacturing processes for oligonucleotides and reagents that contain oligonucleotides.
- Draft and review documents (i.e. test plans, reports, SOPs, batch records) under design control to ensure quality.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and product management in areas of oligonucleotides and oligonucleotide-containing reagents.
- Actively participate as a member of cross-functional new product development teams to ensure compliance with design controls per ISO 13485 and other regulatory requirements
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations to project team.
- Work with minimal supervision and manage time effectively.
- Identify and communicate risks to project deadlines in advance.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department, as assigned.
HOW WILL YOU GET HERE?
- BS/MS in a science related field and 2+ years of laboratory experiences, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare, research, or academic environment
- Strong bench skills.
- Ability to conduct independent studies with minimum supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of and solid background in quantitative PCR and molecular biology
- Hands-on experience with PCR hardware and software. (preferred)
- Experience in statistics and related software (i.e. JMP). (preferred)
- Experience with oligo synthesis (preferred)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and high regards for quality
- Ability to work independently and proactive with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly collaborative: enjoys working in a diverse team and contributes to a positive work environment
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced matrixed environment
- Demonstrates passion for problem solving and outside-the-box thinking
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com