Under the supervision of the Teller Supervisor, a Teller performs transactional duties to serve members by receiving and paying out funds with a high degree of accuracy in accordance with credit union policies and procedures.
All Tellers build member relations by offering products and services based upon identified member financial needs and make referrals to Member Service Representatives or other product specialists. Tellers create a memorable member experience through their professional interactions, living the service promises and complying with the credit union’s image policy.
- The ability to pass competency based assessments.
- Ability to handle cash, balance daily and minimize cash outages.
- Good communication skills.
- Good math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply policy and procedures to job functions.
- Above average ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone.
- Ability to analyze and determine opportunities to cross-sell products and services or offer solutions to customers
- Must be able to demonstrate established competency levels for all required regulatory or compliance-related processes and/or procedures within established time-frames of appointment.
- Six months previous teller experience required
- One year customer service experience, preferably in a retail performance-based sales environment with cash handling responsibility.