iRobot delivers innovative robots that are making a difference in people's lives. From cleaning floors to disarming explosives, we constantly strive to find better ways to tackle dull, dirty and dangerous missions-with better results. iRobot is seeking a Software Engineer in Test. This software engineer will create and execute test plans, work closely with product developers to define tests and develop software test automation to enhance regression, continuous integration and smoke test environments. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, delivering great products - all, while inventing the future.
What You Will Do:
- Install / setup of test environment.
- Develop and enhance automated tests and frameworks (GUI & CLI).
- Work side-by-side with developers and functional testers to create test from user stories/requirements and transform selected tests into an automated test suite.
- Develop test plan and procedures for testing new products and sustaining efforts.
- Trouble shoot issues and effectively communicate results and issues to developers, managers and program.
- Communicate issues to developers through direct communication, use of bug tracking system, triage abilities, etc.
- Promote and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress.
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelors degree program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong test development and coding skills - Python, Pytest, C/C++, etc.
- Familiarity with software build and delivery process.
- Experience with Mobile test automation and frameworks for both GUI testing - Selenium, Appium.
- Familiarity with development methodologies - Agile
- Experience/Familiarity with QA Life Cycle and Defect Life Cycle
- Familiarity with JIRA - User Stories, Defect tracking
- Proficient in iOS mac -- system & network management, troubleshooting.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Adaptive fast learner - able to ramp up quickly on domain area.
- Self-motivated, flexible with a passion to make a difference.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Team engagement, able to bridge the gap between software developers and software test engineers.
- Familiarity with any of the following applications and technologies is a plus:
- Communications: Ethernet, wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, Cloud environment.
- OS: MacOS, Android, iOS
- API automation testing including experience with test frameworks
- Mobile platform testing and automation