Required Skills (All areas):
- Ability to adapt both an offensive and defensive mindset to support securing information systems
- Demonstrated experience implementing computer security
- Ability to work with limited supervision and must be a self-starter with initiative
- Demonstrated ability to research and create detailed computing system documentation and operational guides/procedures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse user community in quick-response situations
- Understanding of the concepts of Information Assurance (CIA triad, least privilege, etc.)
- This position requires the ability to access systems that contain information restricted to US Citizens based on certain Federal Government contractual requirements.
Desired Skills (Security Engineering and System Administration):
- Background in Systems Administration using Windows operating systems environment
- Experience with various computing hardware and software platforms, including servers, workstations, and numerous COTS software applications.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Window servers, performing software installations and upgrades to operating systems and COTS applications
- Ability to monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum levels of performance.
- Experience with scanning machines for vulnerabilities and patching
- Administration and authentication of domain services
- Knowledge of VMware products and virtualization concepts
- Understanding of Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices
- Familiarity with Public Key Cryptography and programming
- Familiarity with automated test software including load testing, security testing.
Desired Skills (Network Engineering):
- Thorough understanding of basic network engineering fundamentals, including: OSI layers, IP addressing, subnetting, TCP/IP stack, VLANs, DHCP, etc.
- Basic understanding of routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, etc.
- Experience with command-line interfaces
- Troubleshooting experience with Juniper and/or Cisco switches and routers
Desired Skills (Software Development):
- Experience with Java programming
- Experience with the Eclipse development environment
- Knowledge of SQL database fundamentals, including tables, stored procedures, ODBC, etc.
- Experience using the Apache Tomcat and IIS application/web servers
- Experience with client/server communication
- Experience with UI creation
- Experience with XML and web programming
- Experience with HTML5 programming
- The intern position is ideally suited to a student who has completed at least their sophomore year through senior and is in a major program of study to include Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other strong science or math discipline with experience in computer systems integration or programming.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.