Day and Junior Day Camp Counselors with Headfirst Summer Camps will work on site at our Bethesda, Maryland location with our youngest campers. Our Day & Junior Day Camp Counselors are specifically brought on to engage campers in a wide variety of activities related to a weekly story and theme. Day & Junior Day Camp Counselors are responsible for providing energy and passion to bring these stories to life through experiential learning activities and developmentally-appropriate projects. Day & Junior Day Camp Counselors are patient educators with strong attention to detail, knowing that they are pivotal to the success of our programs. Above all, they focus on building connections with their camp group, taking personal responsibility for each camper’s well-being, enjoyment, and development.
- Bring the Magic of Day Camp to Life. Our curriculum is designed to engage all aspects of the mind, and you contribute to story time and hands-on projects with equal levels of passion. Our Day & Junior Day Camp Counselors are not afraid to step out of their comfort zone to bring a program to life, meeting campers where they are at on their developmental journey.
- Care for Campers. You work directly with campers throughout the summer and are responsible for allowing them to develop their learning through hands-on exploration. From supporting your campers through new challenges to celebrating their victories, with the help of your Day Camp Program Leader and Specialists, you work to bring the best out of every camper throughout the summer.
- Contribute to the Community. As a counselor with Headfirst Summer Camps, you are part of something larger than yourself, and you thrive as part of a team. You know how your actions can directly impact everyone around you and are constantly looking for ways to collaborate with and build up your fellow counselors.
- Take on the Challenge of the Day. You will be responsible for your group throughout the day, keeping the emotional and physical safety of your campers as your priority. As the youngest campers on site, you understand that our Day & Junior Day campers are learning how to be independent, and you provide individualized attention and support where necessary.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will have unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.