Passionate about working with and having an impact on kids? Believe the world needs innovators? Ready to have a career-defining summer? Have a love for art, science, technology, teambuilding or education?
Lead Instructors are the staff most well-placed to bring innovation to life at Galileo. We believe that our approach to learning isn’t merely a pedagogy—it is a tool that will help shape the worldview of future innovators. Lead Instructors interact with their curriculum—planning ahead, reflecting daily and viewing improvements as opportunities. Lead Instructors bring to life Galileo's curriculum, thoughtfully created by our year-round curriculum design team. They are our ultimate partner in consistently looking for new ways to bring the Galileo Innovation Approach to our campers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- For Camp Galileo Lead Instructors (K-5th grade): Review curriculum for your subject prior to staff training; read and learn curriculum for your subject prior to the start of camp. Prepare for and deliver three rotations of Galileo curriculum per day in either art, science or outdoors to groups of up to 24 campers, typically repeating the lesson with three different groups of campers in the same age group
- For Galileo Summer Quest Lead Instructors (5th-8th grade): Review curriculum for your major(s) prior to staff training; read, learn and complete any necessary supplemental training to develop fluency in your major(s) (time varies based on position, but will be reviewed by your Camp Director). Prepare lesson materials and deliver 5 hours of instruction per day to groups of up to 24 campers
- Implement the curriculum as written, adapting it as needed to improve the camper experience or accommodate individual campers
- Provide leadership, energy and camp spirit, constantly assessing group dynamics and the needs of individual campers
- Supervise Assistant Instructors while they are working in your classroom and inspire them to become excellent instructors
- Set, work toward, and achieve measurable professional development goals
- Support camper check-in and check-out processes
- Provide excellent customer service to families by communicating with them on a daily basis about their camper’s experience
- Assist with daily set up and cleanup of camp
- Contribute to and participate in daily opening and closing ceremonies, all-camp activities, and snack & lunch supervision and programming