PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Digital Health team works directly with national governments in low and middle-income countries to select adapt and scale appropriate Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for long-term use in their country to address health challenges. Our services span the entire software development lifecycle from supporting analysis of digital health needs to the deployment and long-term use of those technologies. The Digital Health team coordinates closely with government ministries of health, the information and communication technology sector, other global health NGOs and donors to improve the governance, design, development, acquisition, implementation, and sustainability of digital health technologies and approaches.
Digital Square will be supporting USAID/PEPFAR and MOH/Vietnam Administration for HIV/AIDS Control (VAAC) to develop a digital system that tracks key metrics of program quality related to HIV prevention services. The Program Quality Monitoring (PQM) system will be used for continuous quality improvement (CQI) at the service site/facility, district and provincial level. Digital Square’s role encompasses stakeholder convening, systems architecture review and planning, and IT policy and data governance development.
The position will work closely with the project leadership based in Vietnam and the US to carry out the following:
- Ensure the appropriate development and management of work plans and donor deliverables by working with the Project Director to assign or oversee appropriate staff to finalize these deliverables in line with deadlines and appropriate approvals
- Represent Digital Square/PATH Vietnam to the USAID mission, the Government of Vietnam (GVN) and other stakeholders
- Lead and support the strengthening of the HIV health information systems in Vietnam
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the GVN, especially MOH/VAAC
- Coordinate and work with diverse groups of national organizations including the Government and others network leaders, development partners and USAID
- Ensure defined standards, tools, and norms for activity management, knowledge management, and standard operating procedures are reinforced and adhered to by project staff
- Define meeting agendas, strategic direction/questions, and provide insights into key risks, challenges, and opportunities that should be presented to project team and/or donor
- Effectively manage and mitigate risk related to the project activities by monitoring dependencies across the workplan and paying particular attention to: non-compliance, regulatory standards, and work with the project administrators to ensure financial management practices are being adhered to
- Address challenges related to project execution when there are budgetary implications, concerns or successes, or when processes are not being followed
- Work with the technical team to lead the technical writing of materials for the Implementation team meetings and other workshops/meetings with government officials
- Partner closely with the U.S. based project manager in the monitoring of the work plan, progress against timelines and deliverables
- Assist technical team members with writing project documents and editing drafts in an effort ensure the highest-level possible activity outputs and deliverables
- Oversee the work of the project partners and consultant as relevant
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably masters level
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience as a project manager of health information systems or digital health projects with a track record of architecting and managing milestone-based projects within budget and time constraints in Vietnam
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and relevant project stakeholders
- Demonstrated and proactive organizational, prioritization, and workload management skills in a high-pressure environment
- Quality assurance and quality improvement experience related to health care service delivery
- Experience managing technology providers and subcontractors
- Experience translating complex technical material related to digital health, health systems, system architecture, standards and interoperability, IT policy, data governance and data analytics into digestible communications for lay audiences
- Knowledge of USAID/PEPFAR processes, contracting, rules and regulations
- Experience implementing HIV health information systems is a plus
- Significant analytical writing experience a plus
- Ability to provide technical assistance is a plus
- Excellent IT skills, including a good understanding and experience of Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams) and project management tools such as Smartsheet or Microsoft Project. Knowledge of Box and Google Drive/Docs is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.