RECRUITMENT & EMPLOYMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs recruitment strategies, utilizes the recruitment portal, and manages advertising, job postings, interviewing/screening support for department managers, processing background checks, reference checks, computer testing;
- Responsible for all applicant tracking processes;
- Manages all necessary faculty and staff employment changes/maintenance (i.e. write PAFs, process paperwork & data entry of all employment processing, new hires, terms, address changes, etc.) within the HRIS system;
- Manages new hire (onboarding) and termination (offboarding) employment processes and ensures completion;
- Maintains and updates departmental procedures within scope of work, especially SilkRoad Recruitment, Onboarding and Offboarding procedures;
- Prepares for new employee’s first day of work;
- Manages, organizes and hosts New Employee Orientation (NEO) from the College of Law’s behalf;
- Coordination of Student Employment functions for all departments on campus and by overseeing and managing designated student employment representatives (Faculty, Library and Staff Departments) and ensures compliance, timeliness and completion of student employment paperwork and processing;
- Verifies Federal Work Study (FWS) funds availability and eligibility for students;
- Monitors NRA’s (non-resident aliens) and consult DeLand Finance Office and Payroll to ensure tax compliance;
- Manages Student Bar Verifications process;
- Monitor Student Employment training compliance (i.e. Title IX training);
- Follow-up with students on questions or concerns regarding the process;
- Maintain up to date Student Employment procedures;
- Problem solving when issues occur; working with Banner team/IT;
- Reviews scanned documents for accuracy.
- Serves as Title IX Investigator and attends required annual training;
- Serves on Title IX team and assists in coordinating programming;
- Serves on the Employee Professional Development Committee and assist in coordination of employee training programs (Stetson Experience Lab, workshops, Star12, etc.) under the guidance of the HR Director;
- Serves on the Stetson Moments Committee and assist with employee events and functions (including Health Fair, Employee Appreciation, Thanksgiving, Holiday Luncheon, Wellness efforts, etc.);
- Manages the planning and preparation of the quarterly employee newsletter and composes articles;
- Maintains high level of confidentiality;
- HR project work, as assigned;
- Ensures integrity of all files and secures confidential files;
- Other assignments assigned by Director.
B.A. degree required. 3 to 5 years’ experience in Human Resources, recruitment, or transferrable field. In lieu of degree, consideration for years of experience in an education environment, or satisfactory combination of education and/or experience. Must be a self-starter, who works well in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated knowledge or experience with employee relations investigations or experience with Title IX processes, preferred. Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to HR services are necessary and strong written and oral communication skills are required. With a positive demeanor, works as a HR team member, functioning under timelines and being responsive. Flexibility, multi-tasking, excellent judgment, attention to detail and follow-through are required. Maintains confidentiality. Great people skills and professionalism are necessary. Establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships, both internally and externally. Works to build an environment that promotes and facilitates the success of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence. Occasional night and weekend work may be required.
Computer skills to include: Intermediate to advanced knowledge in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook/Calendar. Knowledge of PowerPoint, Publisher, Banner (or HRIS system) and document imaging software, a plus.
Demonstrated knowledge or experience with employee relations investigations or experience with Title IX processes is preferred.