TDB Communications, Inc. is seeking Legal Assistants to perform the following tasks:
- Gathers, prepares and summarizes materials for use by attorneys in preparation of opinions, briefs and other legal documents.
- Summarizes depositions and other transcripts.
- Performs legal research and maintains case files.
- Index, track and control exhibits and other materials; prepare exhibit cross-references.
- Screen documents for relevance and privilege; compilation of documents for FOIA or production requests.
- Assembles & prepares complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, subpoenas, etc.
- Obtain information from files, law enforcement agencies and other sources to submit complete legal documents.
- Prepares legal actions such as indictments, criminal complaints, search warrants, judgements, applications, notices, summonses, grand jury subpoenas, rules to show cause, proof of claim and satisfaction of judgment.
- Compile trail notebooks and witness & exhibit list, assemble jury instructions.
- Produces documents within Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook, etc.; ensures proper formatting, spelling, punctuation, and grammar; completes complex graphs & charts.
- Provides technical support to enlarge charts & photographs, duplicate tapes, CD’s and videos, and marking exhibits.
- Provides administrative support by arranging travel and preparing itinerary, arranging transportation and hotel, maintaining calendars, data entry, performing docketing duties, and maintaining files.
Demonstrates a keen knowledge of office equipment (including computer, printers, facsimile, scanners, multi-line telephones, mail meter machines, etc.) and a familiarity of legal terminology & legal work environment.
TDB Communications, Inc. is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer