APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
Supervises all booking and ticketing operations for Event Services. Coordinates and schedules upcoming events for use of classrooms, conference rooms, and catered events for on and off-campus groups. This position is the first contact point for all event-related client services.
- One to three years of experience in a business related field.
- Experience in event services, conferences, and/or ticketing operations required.
- Availability to work nights, weekends and Holidays.
PRIMARY DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Acts as the first contact for all event-related client services. Needs strong working knowledge of clients’ and organizational needs, in order to book an event from beginning to end.
- Screens and sends calls to the appropriate person for information or help.
- Supervises Student Office Assistants in the booking and contracting process for events.
- Works closely with clients in order to determine event details.
- Works with the rest of the Event Services team in order to plan and execute events per client and
- organizational need.
- With the use of 25Live, schedules all campus events for the university.
- Handles all event payments, paperwork, and reconciliation of deposits in accordance with University procedures.
- Assists Event Services as needed by supervising various events around campus.
- Establishes and enforces Event Services office policies and procedures.
- Trains and supports the APU community with the use of 25Live booking system.
- Maintains and manages the ticketing system for internal, external and athletic events.
- Responsible for enforcing established policies with regard to booking various campus locations and resources.
- Responsible for ordering/purchasing office supplies and forms, keeping the office stocked. Responsible for upkeep and reporting of office equipment needing repair.
- Assist with maintenance of 25Live.
- Maintains compliance with APU mission, vision, positional statements and other policies and procedures.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills, including interpersonal, written and oral presentation.
- Computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Google
- Apps, and Excel.
- Knowledge of 25live preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively to the public, students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to follow verbal/written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relations with supervisor, fellow workers, and students.
- Must be able to communicate in English with the ability to relay instructions from the supervisor to student employees.
- Ability to complete tasks efficiently within a designated time frame.
- Ability to learn procedures and retain information.
- In agreement with the purpose and mission of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Repetitive hand motions while operating computer.
- Ability to conduct business with other offices on campus.
- Speaking and listening on telephone.
- Ability to ensure neatness of work.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant, sometimes loud office with multiple conversations occurring simultaneously.
- Comfortable temperature.
- Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- May be trained on TMA work Order System, if applicable.
- May be trained on 25Live Booking System, if applicable.
- Smart Draw event diagram software.
- University Tickets
- BOCA Printers
- Grade 7: $19.49 - $25.33/hour
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.