Job classification: Non-Exempt
The Fitness Consultant (FC) ensures that the club provides a high-quality enrollment experience to prospective members by ensuring that the guests have a welcoming, informative, and enjoyable experience during their visit to the facility in which ultimately leads to the purchasing of a membership.
· Contribute to achieving club membership goals and service agreements by meeting or exceeding goals/targets and supporting other FC’s in a team atmosphere.
· Responsible for helping to create a positive, professional, and customer-centric environment for our members, and guests.
Reports to: General Manager (GM), Assistant General Manager (AGM), @ Senior Fitness Consultant
Job Scope: 1 club
This position does not have any direct reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The FC is responsible for performing the following activities for the club:
SALES, SERVICE, PRESENTATION, TOURS
· Responsible for attaining (own) personal production targets.
· Responsible for the attainment of departmental targets.
· Review daily sales numbers & club statistics with GM/AGM to identify potential revenue gaps & modify sales execution as necessary
· Responsible to conduct community “outreach”
· Responsible to maintain the set targets for the generation of Leads, Appointments, and Shows for the club through promotions (internal/external), referrals, guest passes, etc.
· Use newfound techniques to enhance guests to purchase memberships and training through active listening, open dialogue, and connecting with the guest(s).
· Incorporate the benefits of Personal Training to the guest by providing a solid understanding to the guest(s) in regards to the benefits of personal training in conjunction with their own fitness goals
· Serve as the direct contact and follow-up with prospective guests (guest pass members), newly enrolled members, and existing members to ensure that you are maximizing your referral resources
· Maintain current knowledge of in-club promotions and specials and be able to effectively communicate this information in a professional and confident manner
· Help to ensure the club is clean and well maintained, as club cleanliness and organization can have a direct effect on the guest experience.
· Front desk receptionist.
· Assist in other duties as assigned
CHECK-IN COMPLIANCE (members & guests)
· Greet all incoming members and guests
· Ensure all check-in procedures are followed
· Ensure Guest Registration Forms are completed
CUSTOMER SERVICE • Answer all incoming calls and obtain appropriate information to direct/transfer
calls/guests. • Handle general member issues, and know which departmental to direct member, guest, or
caller to. • Record member concerns and know which departmental manager to direct concern to • Record lost and found items on the Lost and Found Log and secure items per
policy • Ensure required forms are available, and completed, and processed properly (e.g. Group
Fitness Schedule, Club Rules, Kid’s Zone Policy, etc.…)
• Promote and sell products (cooler drinks, supplements, etc.…) • Keep front desk, and lobby clean, clear, & clutter-free • Perform general cleaning duties to include locker room checks, towel laundry, etc.…
POS SYSTEM (Point of Sale)
• Operate the POS system and ensure that drawer opening and drawer closing procedures are
followed • Closeout drawer at the end of shift and record/verify drawer income against actual received
• Process all purchases through the POS system
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Knowledge of sales practices and techniques
· General understanding of the Fitness Industry
· Ability to work with computers
· Must have good interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent Customer Service skills
· Independent, self-motivated, (inner drive)
· Must be able to work with people in a “team” atmosphere
· High School Diploma or GED required
· 1-2 years of Customer service/sales experience preferred
· Ability to work in club office; move about the club floors and rooms; review, revise, create club paperwork; communicate with employees, members, and the public
· Occasionally required to demonstrate or explain proper physical fitness activities, techniques, and procedures
· Job requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, and stair climbing
· Ability to communicate telephonically with employees, members, and the public
· Ability to access and operate company computer systems including prepare documents, enter data into the computer system, read reports from a computer database or email system
· While performing the duties of this job, regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
· The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud
· Free membership for self and spouse
· Health and dental insurance
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.