Do you like seeing live entertainment?
Are you an awesome communicator?
Do you like chatting with artists and understanding what they're all about?
Bonus Do you have video production skills?
Yes?... Really? Maybe this gig is for you. Kindly read ALL info below before applying!
WHO WE ARE:
Gigzolo is an early-stage online startup developing a new way for event producers to find & book musicians, DJs, and other artists for events. We're focused on creating more job opportunities for creative people, and making art and live entertainment more accessible for everyone.
We are looking for an individual who loves the arts, who loves seeing music live, and who is willing to onboard artists as a member of Gigzolo's artist engagement team!
The Gigzolo artist community is made up of full-time, professional artists at the top of their craft. That said:
- We don't care about Facebook likes.
- We couldn't give two craps about Twitter followers.
- We value about talent and professionalism, not hype.
To expand our efforts, we're looking for an elite group of musically talented individuals endowed with a critical ear to serve as tastemakers in the most comprehensive attempt to classify musicians in US history.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You'll work hand-in-hand with our internal curation team to identify, vet, and onboard hundreds of bands, DJs, dancers, and other artists across the nation:
- You'll speak to artists we've already identified, making relationships, and onboarding them to the platform.
- You'll attend live performances in your city to verify that our artists are as amazing live as they seem on video (we may even do some filming!).
- You'll work remotely, but have bi-weekly contact with fellow team members across the nation, as well as HQ in New York.
LIVE CURATION is one of the most important facets of our selection process, and we are looking to YOU to provide us with eyes and ears in the scene.
- You'll separate the "Okay" from the Good.
- Then separate the Good from the GREAT.
- You'll fight for artists you love.
BONUS POINTS: If you’re a filmmaker and you own a great camera (let us know!)
Sound interesting so far? Ok here are the details:
TIME COMMITMENTS: No need to give up your life to work with us.
TRAINING (First 2 weeks):
- This part is BRUTAL, but let’s just say it’s a bonding experience: )
- 2 Hours of training DAILY w/HQ directly from Founders and Team Leads (this all happens online)
During this time, be prepared to spend a TON of time outside of training practicing how to speak to artists about what we do, and learning how to explain the ins and outs of the platform.
- Pick your hours (minimum 15 hrs/wk.. but you pick which 15!)
- Work remotely
- 2 scheduled check-in meetings with your team lead per week
- As many artist onboarding calls/live viewings as you can handle!
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP:
Internship is a semester long (think 5 months), with opportunities to stay involved thereafter (and become part owner in the company.. more on that later).
START DATE: Early January, exact date TBD!
We'd love to speak to you about what we're doing, and how you can be a part of it.
If you want to have a role in building something that could change the world, this is your shot. This is not a resume-fluffer internship where you actually do nothing; This is the real deal.