THIS IS A FULL TIME SEASONAL POSITION.
SUMMARY: As a GROUP SALES TEAM MEMBER, you’ll be providing excellent customer service to people interested in holding group outings with the Silver Dollar City family of attractions. Working for our Marketing department, you’ll be answering emails and inbound phone calls from guests looking to book family reunions, corporate functions, special events and more. You’ll answer their questions and sell them tickets needed for their big day. You’ll be managing client accounts and working with spreadsheets in our computer system, so excellent data entry, computer and phone skills are must-haves. But don’t think this is strictly an office job. You may find yourself out on the front lines for some of our park’s most popular special events, greeting busses and passing out tickets. If you’ve got the multi-tasking skills needed to thrive here, we want to hear from you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, though other duties may be assigned:
- Input individual orders generated and communicated by third party sellers via fax, telephone and e-mail.
- Print and distribute tickets for all Silver Dollar City Attractions properties to third party sellers.
- Assist Sales Managers with customer service situations pertaining to third party sellers.
- Follow all internal ticketing procedures and policies and balance accounts at the end of every workday.
- Assist with Group Reservations fulfillment, as necessary.
- Provide sales and service to our Group Sales management team and their clients.
- Provide professional customer service via telephone and at off-site ticketing locations.
- Meet daily deadlines and standards that benefit customers and clients.
- Work flexible schedules that meet the needs of our customers, to include weekends, per the needs of an event or seasonal business.
- Correctly inform our guests of upcoming events and attractions.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations
- Maintain a high level of friendliness, service, energy, enthusiasm and respect.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Ensure proper handling of customer credit card information in compliance with Property Procedures and Purchasing Card Industry (PCI) standards.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Free admission to Herschend Family Entertainment theme parks and water parks
- Complimentary Silver Dollar City Attractions tickets to share with your favorite people
- Access to a low-cost health clinic, which features a full-service doctor’s office
- Free or reduced admission to many local shows and attractions, plus other local discounts
- Discounts on food, merchandise and lodging at Herschend Family Entertainment properties
- Eligible full-time employees also receive health insurance, profit sharing and 401(k)
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Disabled/ Veterans
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to accurately type 30 words per minute; be computer literate with a working knowledge of terminals or PCs.
- Prefer prior experience in the service industry
- Prefer proven sales experience in a retail, telemarketing, or sales-related field, with the ability to perform responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.