You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our program equips you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on the team and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Commercial Bank (“CCB”) is looking for Summer Analysts to join our team. Our Commercial Banking division works with business and commercial customers who have annual sales ranging from $10 million to $3 billion. As a member of the Commercial Banking team, your job would be to find ways for our clients to maximize their growth while taking full advantage of Citi’s banking products. That means knowing all about our deposit and lending options as well as our cash management, trade, and credit product solutions. The Summer Analyst Program strives to bring in the best and brightest and to develop and train the next generation of commercial banking leaders nationwide.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
The 10-week Summer Analyst Program starts in June and begins with an in-depth training program. After training, you would join a team for the next nine weeks. People learn differently, so we combine formal training with a complete hands-on experience to help you quickly ramp up and adapt to your role and the culture at Citi. During the Program, you would be paired with a mentor who would help you develop professionally, and top-performing Summer Analysts are eligible for a full-time offer upon graduation.
The program offers placement into one of three segments:
- Cash Management and Trade: You will join the Cash Management & Trade group which aims to be the leading global transaction banking partner for mid-sized US corporations and the US-domiciled subsidiaries of non-US corporations that source product from or sell goods and services to developing markets. There are four departments: Cash Management & Trade Sales, Implementation, Product Management, and Liability Pricing & Account Analysis. Their goal is to help our clients succeed by leveraging Citi’s global network and our award-winning digital solutions. As a member of the Commercial Banking/Cash Management and Trade group, your job will be to find ways for our clients to maximize their growth while taking full advantage of Citi’s banking products.
- Client Coverage: You will join a Coverage team to work with for the duration of the Program. In this role, analysts work directly with Relationship Managers on a portfolio of clients and interface with various Citi teams across the firm and around the world including credit underwriting, cash management, loans, foreign exchange, derivatives, capital markets, and investment banking. The Analyst is a critical team member, supporting Relationship Managers with managing the existing portfolio and generating new business.
- Structured Credit and Derivative Sales: You will join the Loan Structuring & Syndications Team or the Foreign Exchange Team. The Loan Structuring & Syndications Team provides corporate structure advice and arranges syndicated debt solutions for clients. The team is primarily responsible for helping originate, structure, and distribute syndicated loans to banks, serving as a risk mitigation conduit for the bank. The Foreign Exchange Team works closely with corporate clients to help them assess, quantify and ultimately hedge their foreign exchange risks. This involves continuously monitoring the markets, understanding key macroeconomic trends and providing market commentary and trade ideas to clients. As a member of these teams, you would help the Commercial Bank serve as a trusted thought partner to clients, bringing simplicity and solutions in an increasingly complex world.
Your time here will look something like this...
- Company Research and Industry Analysis:
- Collecting and analyzing company information
- Conducting industry research
Analyzing Financial Data and Financial Modeling:
- Cash & Trade: focused on cash management, payables/receivables, trade
- Client Coverage: focused on company valuations, discounted cash flow analysis, financing, comparative, and proforma analyses
- Structured Credit and Derivative Sales: supporting transactions, assisting with client acquisitions, analyzing markets
Interact with Several Partners:
Compliance, Legal, Marketing, Operation, Risk, Technology
Presentation Preparation and Deal Management:
- Creating and finalizing business development presentations, pitchbooks, prospect memos, and external/internal client related decks
- Partnering with bankers to determine which products to be offered to clients
- Coordinating tasks with internal and external working teams
- Preparing required internal documentation e.g. control and compliance regulations