EILEEN FISHER creates simple, timeless shapes designed to work together effortlessly, season after season. We make our clothes to last—and then take them back to be reworn again or remade into entirely new designs. We believe in the fundamental potential of every person—our employees, our customers and those who make our clothes—and are committed to creating conditions that empower people. It’s all part of our commitment to doing business in a way that helps build a better industry. And a better future. Our clothes are sold at over 65 EILEEN FISHER retail stores, and 1,000 department and specialty stores internationally, as well as 2 RENEW stores, which feature gently worn and remade designs from our take-back program. EILEEN FISHER is one of the largest women’s fashion companies to be a certified B Corporation, which means we voluntarily meet high criteria for social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
As an Assistant Store Leader, you will partner with the Store Leader to drive and participate in all activities that support achieving store business objectives, while creating an unsurpassed service culture. You will perform with high integrity in business strategy, people growth and development, and operational excellence. You will be a dynamic and inspiring leader who fosters strong internal and external relationship building skills. As an integral part of the leader team, you will emulate the brand as an Eileen Fisher Ambassador by embracing the values, purpose and strategic objectives of the company.
BUSINESS, STRATEGY AND VISION
- Develop and implement business strategy (demand creation) in collaboration with the Store Leader to enhance sales and sustainable business growth.
- Support Store Leader to drive and maximize sales performance to consistently achieve the overall sales budget objectives while ensuring operational integrity and achieving profitably.
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the sales floor through customer engagement, ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided.
- Partner with the Store Leader to train and communicate current product knowledge to all associates to ensure the team is fully educated on the brand and seasonal strategy.
- Co-Lead the team to consistently establish relationships and promote local events through continuous networking.
- Co-Lead annual compensation process in conjunction Store Leader.
- Possess openness to experience our product, stylishly wardrobing self and customers.
- Proactively follow, industry news, technology, and analyze key competitors in the market.
LEADERSHIP AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- Attract, recruit, and retain a high performing team. Build a talent pipeline through networking.
- Ensure a consistent and branded onboarding experience for all new hires.
- Support the Store Leader in managing to staffing budget and allocate staff resources and scheduling to effectively drive sales and ensure excellent customer service.
- Partner with Store Leader to conduct coaching sessions with store team to review performance and provide constructive, timely feedback.
- Participate in annual Development Dialog process; identify and co-create action plans and build development plans for each team members in conjunction with the Store Leader.
- Partner with Store Leader on all employee relations issues to ensure effective resolution.
- Foster teams’ ongoing growth and development.
- Display a strong commitment to self-development and growth.
- Manage the achievement of business objectives by utilizing a client strategy to retain and attract potential clients.
- Promote brand awareness, establish market/store presence, and capture competitive market share through community outreach and company sponsored events.
- Co-Lead the team on executing superior customer service and after sales experience to increase and retain customer loyalty.
- Ensure the development, implementation and execution of company CRM initiatives by providing action plans to the team.
- Capture meaningful customer data for the purpose of building relationships to personalize future client development opportunities.
- Awareness of all of our digital channels.
- Recap store performance and report current business trends, to cover every aspect of the business.
- Collaborate with P&C Partners (HR/OD), LL&D, Payroll and Store Ops while adhering to and enforcing all company policies and procedures.
- Participate in annual Loss Prevention audits and ensure inventory shrinkage is below company target.
- Responsible for accuracy daily incoming and outbound merchandise requests and shipments –
- Partner with Store Leader to ensure adequate floor coverage and timely submission of payroll data for all employees in keeping with staffing budget.
- Responsible for maintaining store merchandising and visual standards and presentation.
- Embrace technology.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred; may be offset by experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years of sales management experience in retail, or service related industry, not including additional successful retail selling experience.
- Ability to analyze selling reports, identify business trends, and react quickly to the needs of the business.
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results.
- Develop strong relationships with customers, team, and retail partners with effective communication.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Industry awareness and strong business acumen with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Provide ongoing development and coaching to team.
- Communicates and identifies strategies to ensure performance standards are met.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; POS and OMS systems.
- Passion for the Fashion Industry.
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule, a minimum for 40 hours a week, which will include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. at floor level and/or team lift when necessary.
- Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time, climb ladders, twist, bend and stoop to retrieve items from floor, shelves, and hooks.