This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Marketing. The Marketing Assistant is a key stakeholder in managing the day-to-day tasks of the Marketing Department. Responsible for managing member-focused and community events from initial development to event completion. Maintains accurate department records, including, but not limited to, budgets and advertising media calendar. Assists in simple layout and design of marketing communications along with development of materials for internal systems.
- Develops accurate, compliant marketing materials and literature, including media and member-focused communications.
- Manages marketing events, including member trips, community events and mascot scheduling.
- Assists with design of marketing materials, literature and other communications.
- Maintains record of department expenses and budget as well as marketing media and project calendar.
- Assists with donation requests and manages donation budgets.
- Performs minor clerical duties, such as distribution of mailings and maintaining supplies.
- Coordinates and schedules content for members and non-members to view on ATMs, statements, electronic message boards and other internal systems as required.
- Proofs materials for accuracy and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Manages and schedules marketing project requests from other departments/branches. Works closely with requestors to ensure clear understanding of requests and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field and 1 year of experience in marketing or a directly related field. Familiarity with financial industry is preferred.
- Competency with Microsoft Office products with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience working in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated creativity in the production of marketing materials.
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize work, balance multiple priorities and manage a variety of projects in a high volume work environment with strong attention to detail.
- Must have a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as they relate to this position. Must understand and comply with all job-related state and federal laws and regulations.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.