You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your academic learnings and career experience from the classroom to the board room and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and the experience to establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and our programs will be the springboard for your career path trajectory; how you choose to navigate that path is up to you.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Citi’s Consumer Banking Summer Associate Program is a 10 week internship that provides development-focused opportunities coupled with structured classroom training, mentoring and individual development resources. In addition, the Summer Associate gets to spend 1 week in an assigned group within a different track as a way to learn about another part of the business and work collaboratively with other Summer Associates. Citi has several tracks available for Associates in Consumer Banking to choose from: Citi FinTech, Global Cards & Consumer Services, Global Consumer Business Operational Risk & Control (CBORC), and Retail Banking. Track descriptions are provided below. Please make sure to select up to 3 tracks that you are most interested in when submitting your application.
Citi Cards & Global Consumer Services
This track enables Summer Associates to choose from roles in either Cards & Global Consumer Services.
- Citi Cards Citi Cards is the industry leader as the #1 global issuer of credit cards. We serve over 50 million accounts globally with presence in 34 countries.
- We offer credit card products across most industry categories and segments, including Cash Back, Rewards, Co-Brands, and Small Business.
- Some of our best known products include Citi Simplicity, Double Cash, Costco, and the ThankYou and AAdvantage product suites.
- Through Citi Private Pass, Citi Cards also engages with leading sports and entertainment partners to offer our customers unique experiences.
- Global Consumer Services Citi Global Consumer Services is comprised of three main divisions: Global Consumer Marketing, Platforms & Capabilities, and Global Digital.
- These groups touch all business lines within GCB, including: Branded Cards, Retail Services, Retail Banking and Commercial Banking.
- Nearly half of GCB’s revenue is created outside of North America and growth efforts are strategically focused on the top 100 U.S. cities as well as emerging markets and where our target client segments are thriving.
- Global Cards & Consumer Services aims to create a global and customer centric franchise by delivering products, enhanced services and payment systems that address clients’ evolving needs, improving customer experience to increase loyalty and engagement, and investing in strategic partnerships to drive business growth.
- The objective of the Citi Cards and Global Consumer Services tracks is to identify exceptional MBAs whose primary interests are to build an in-depth understanding of and gain experience in consumer banking and the credit cards business.
- Summer Associates in this track will have the opportunity to develop a broad range of skills in the following areas: marketing, analytics, finance, operations and technology, general management, project management, digital, market research/insights development, segmentation, global business considerations, and leadership.
- Summer Associates can expect to play an instrumental role in driving the Citi Cards and Global Consumer Services businesses forward and achieving key objectives in areas such as increasing customer spend, enhancing customer experience, and new product development.
- During your 10 week internship, you could have exposure to: Digital Products and Services, Next Generation Platforms/Innovation, Branding & Advertising, Decision Management/Analytics/Consumer Insights P&L Management, Customer Acquisitions, New Product Development, Customer Experience, Digital Payments, Sales & Marketing (Strategy and Execution), Customer Analytics, Finance, Business Development, and Risk Management.
- Most opportunities require and enable cross-functional exposure.
Citi FinTech Citi Fintech is our "Bank of Tomorrow".
- This team will build, empower and drive cutting edge products and services on its mission to improve people’s lives through the use of technology.
- We will design and deliver mobile-first capabilities leveraging our internal strengths and accessing the best capabilities available in the Fintech space across the full range of client services: borrow, spend, save, invest and protect.
- Our first focus is on the delivery of a mobile banking application for our NA CG client base/target audience.
- The objective of the FinTech track is to build the next generation of financial services leaders dedicated to building the bank of the future.
- Management Associates in this track can expect to develop a broad range of skills in the following areas: leadership, general management, and assignment/rotation specific proficiencies.
- There is no typical day in FinTech. Working in agile with rapid deployment of products requires the ability to be extremely adaptable and open to (and excited by) change, ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- In one conversation you may be discussing how FinTech’s unique work style and flow can be transitioned to an existing line of business and in another discussing the impact of deploying a new product or service to Citibank’s existing customer base.
Global Consumer Business Operational Risk & Control (CBORC)
- The global scope of our group and the nature of the matters addressed by CBORC will provide candidates with broad exposure to governance, regulatory, control and risk issues across the Global Consumer Bank lines of business. COBRC includes AML, FATCA & Controls Program Management Office, Global Industry Practices, Global In-Business Operational Risk and Control, and CCB Operational Risk and Controls.
- The group focus on reducing operational risk and ensuring we have the proper controls in place to mitigate both reputational and financial risk to Citi and the businesses we support.
- The business' strategy is to foster effective partnerships with internal oversight partners and external constituencies, including regulators, community and advocacy groups, and industry/trade associations for the benefit of the business.
- The objective of the CBORC track is to identify individuals with a global mindset whose primary interest is to learn and develop their leadership skills towards a career in a leading global financial services firm.
- Management Associates in this track can expect to develop a solid understanding of the Global Consumer Business and appreciation for its existing and emerging risks.
- In addition to building a broad range of skills in leadership, project management, and operational risk management, the MAs will establish a very rich network of relationships across geographies and functions, and expose to opportunities to improve their ability to engage effectively with a senior audience, present strategic thinking, and facilitate decision-making through influence.
- Summer Associates in this track can expect to develop a broad range of skills in leadership, general management, Business AML Controls, Global Consumer Risk Control During your 10 week program, you could have exposure to: Governance, regulatory, control and risk issues across the Global Consumer Bank lines of business.
- The program consists of rotations within Business & Industry practices, Regulatory Relations, and Operational Risk & Control