Purpose and Success Factors:
This role serves a dual purpose as the Administrative Office Assistant & Assistant Disability Case Processor. This person is responsible for contributing to the successful business operations of the Austin branch. The Administrative Office Assistant supports company operations by maintaining office systems and providing administrative support to staff, leadership, and clients. The incumbent is directly responsible for timely and efficient administration of new business disability applications received from sales associates. Must be able to consult and coordinate with the Disability Income Supervisor, sales managers, sales associates and key Guardian associates on matters pertaining to new business from time of receipt through final disposition. The role will report directly to the Disability Income Supervisor and provide support to his/her personal practice.
Critical factors of success for the incumbent include:
- A trusted associate of the agency team.
- Demonstrated expertise in all areas of insurance application processing in a small business environment.
- Fosters collaborative relationships between individuals and functional areas within the organization.
- At an advanced level, masters the nuances of field underwriting and partners with sales associates to improve the quality of the application submission.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence, maintaining filing systems, forms, applications, marketing materials.
- Maintains and monitors office equipment; printers, copy machines, postage machine, telephone systems as needed.
- Ensures all marketing materials and forms are up-to-date.
- Provides phone support for incoming calls.
- Maintains and order office supplies as needed.
- Achieves financial objectives by scheduling expenditures; i.e. supplies, postage, food/drink services.
- Coordinates special events; holiday luncheons, special event celebrations
Manage incoming applications
- Follow effective and efficient routines to identify when new business comes in from sales associates and continue field underwriting process
- Evaluate applications for completeness and reconcile with sales associates as needed
- Input into Guardian proprietary systems for underwriting
- Promptly reconcile problems and outstanding items to prevent delays in the submission process
Manage pending business
- Follow progress of all applications through home office underwriting process
- Order underwriting requirements and update status in agency records accordingly
- Correspond with sales associates to follow up on outstanding requirements. Provide timely and regular status reporting to them
- Correspond with Home Office case managers and underwriters to reconcile all matters that could hinder efficient policy issue
Manage issued business
- Follow effective and efficient routine to identify newly issued business and understand delivery requirements
- React promptly to prepare policy for delivery and route to sales associate via appropriate delivery method
- Establish and maintain methods for following up with sales associates to assure prompt policy delivery
- Establish and maintain effective follow up to assure the delivery requirements are received by Home Office and policy is recorded as paid
- Maintain effective follow up with current policy holders, not limited to policy conservation
Reporting & Assistant Duties
- Be proficient in use of Home Office new business reporting tools and be prepared to provide up-to-date status to agency leadership and sales associates
- Provide support to the Disability Income Supervisors personal practice (i.e. MarketEdge, tracking cases)
The above includes most significant duties performed. However, other occasional work assignments not mentioned are assumed to be included. Management may in its sole discretion assign and/or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.