This position involves directly and exclusively servicing TD Ameritrade's highest asset clients. Client management in this role will take a 360 degree service approach handling all aspects of the relationship to achieve industry leading client experience. Retaining this subset of clients, assets, and the revenue they generate is imperative to the success of this program.
Each PCS Elite Representative will serve as a direct liaison between the client and TD Ameritrade. Primary responsibilities require an extensive knowledge of FINRA sanctioned trading rules, TD Ameritrade Brokerage's internal trading policies and procedures, TD Ameritrade Clearing's functions and a detailed knowledge of the securities industry and capital markets. PCS Elite Representatives will also need to be capable of handling trading and account inquiries for this client base in a timely manner. This will require the ability to perform critical risk management decisions on behalf of the firm.
The ideal candidate will possess intense interpersonal skills that will allow them to develop close, professional relationships with their assigned clients. This candidate should also display a proven track record in successful dealings with high value clients and new asset generation. A professional image and ability to meet these clients in a face to face situation will also be required.
- Create and cultivate a client experience that exceeds the client's expectations while establishing the benchmark for service within the online brokerage industry
- Understand their assigned clients' trading styles and account service needs to proactively provide an individual, customizable and personal experience
- Serve as a conduit between the client and TD Ameritrade's Executive Management with the express purpose of streamlining information flow
- Generate additional revenue using superior service to increase share-of-wallet and by acquiring new business through client referrals
- Support opportunities to internally cross-sell and grow the business as needed
- Ensure that a client centric approach is maintained and that alternate solutions are utilized
- Process non-solicited equity, option, and mutual fund orders in self-directed brokerage accounts, this must be done with the utmost accuracy and efficiency required by TD Ameritrade's highest asset clients
- Research, resolve and respond to advanced client inquiries as they relate to trading rules, this requires the demonstrated ability to make time sensitive risk management decisions
- Maintain orderly records of all client inquiries generated during the normal course of business
- Quickly and accurately make decisions within the scope of their duties and level of empowerment
- Exercise independent decision making ability when placing large orders that are within the broker's stated trade limits and when reviewing electronically placed client orders that fail TD Ameritrade's order entry rules
- Process and resolve all client inquiries as they relate to any aspect of the business: Client Service, New Accounts and Tech Support (when feasible) operations