- Investing in a career at Kinecta Federal Credit Union simply makes good sense. After all, we’re one of the largest credit unions in California and in the nation. And we’re growing.
- A place where you can spread your wings. Take risks. Do something brilliant.
- A place where community giving is celebrated and where diversity really counts.
- A place that's growing and moving forward. A place with a great future.
- A place for you.
The Director of Corporate Communications and Community (DCE) is responsible for overseeing all internal communications, including Kinecta’s intranet, as well as external communications, PR, social media, and community engagement activities for Kinecta. The Director is also responsible for Kinecta’s escalated complaint process (Member Care) and the annual All-Employee Meeting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently models the behaviors reflected in Kinecta’s Core Values.
- Ensures that the information directed to members, employees and communities is delivered and understood in an effective, efficient and timely fashion, and that it is consistent with Kinecta’s mission, branding, regulatory, and business needs.
- In consultation with executive leadership, develops and directs the implementation and maintenance of Kinecta’s overall communications strategy and plan, ensuring these incorporate and coordinate the needs and activities of all divisions.
- Ensures CEO and executive leadership team receive written communications support for internal, external and Board communications.
- Works closely with other departments to develop strategies (e.g., content, frequency, timing, format, style, tone, distribution channel, etc.) for their internal and external communications, and assists them in developing individual departmental communication plans. Ensures these are congruent with Kinecta’s overall communications strategies.
- Manages the Member and Employee feedback process in relation to escalated issues.
- Performs ongoing monitoring to ensure compliance with established communications plans, as well as outreach and research to ensure these are consistently meeting user needs. Recommends enhancements as appropriate.
- Reviews and approves all written communication (digital & physical) for members and the general public, and ensures these are tailored, as appropriate, to the target audience. This includes letters, emails, marketing campaigns, web pages, social media, press releases, announcements, news articles, etc.
- Oversees Kinecta’s activities in public relations, earned media, and member complaints. Effectively communicates that the Credit Union is an engaged and caring corporate citizen.
- Actively participates in and maintains key contacts within other credit unions, trade organizations, and other professional associations as needed.
- Works with senior leadership to help plan and execute the annual All Employee Meeting, including speaker selection, presentation development and event management liaison.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to promote the Credit Union’s Mission/Purpose, Vision, brand, and strategic direction with employees.
- Manages the business unit and department content providers, home page content, and upgrades to Kinecta’s intranet (The Kinection) to be the most effective and engaging platform for employee communications.
- Works with the Social Media Manager to ensure Kinecta’s social media strategy is in alignment with Kinecta strategic goals and overall brand. Ensure that channels are consistently experiencing greater growth and engagement.
- Manages the Community Engagement team to ensure Kinecta’s events are effective in pursuit of Kinecta’s goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional communication skills both written and orally.
- Ability to observe and interpret people and situations and provide sound insight about motivations and needs.
- Ability to adapt communication style and tone as necessary to meet changing business requirements.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong public relations background.
- Social media background.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and requires a minimum amount of supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and in diverse teams.
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to think and communicate creatively and analytically under pressure.
- Ability to coach others on proper communication concepts and techniques.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to learn and apply new information and skills.
- Ability perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Ability to work effectively under intense deadlines.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in relevant field.
Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in corporate communications, with at least three (3) of these in a leadership position.