The Software Developer II will be responsible for performing analysis and development tasks for TD Ameritrade's applications and systems associated with client messaging The incumbent typically has 2-3 years of application development experience and a strong desire to learn about real-time message processing and delivery of a wide variety of client communication strategies.
- Works independently on design tasks.
- Ability to work on green field applications with moderate direction.
- Program logic and flow-charting, automated testing, debugging and documentation.
- Integrate with automated build and deployment capabilities.
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Python scripting preferred.
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards.
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and tools
- May lead discussions with the business and with business analysts.
- May work in conjunction with QA staff to assist with the development of automated functional testing.
- May work in conjunction with more senior developers.
- Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, and validate security features and code review.
- Implement and maintain application software while following best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle.
- Familiarity with IntelliJ, Maven and Gradle.