- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of marketing/brand standards experience
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5-8 or more years of marketing/brand standards experience in a fast moving, global environment.
- Design oriented, and skilled at translating business requirements into creative briefs and design solutions
- Interest/passion for design and communications, possess a clear understanding of current practices and trends
- Strong working relationships with and management of external agency partners
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully in a highly matrixed organization
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Experience building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations
- Proficiency in MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Proven track record in leading large scale projects
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
- Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations
- You demonstrated strong executive presence
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities and translate into actionable solutions
- Expert on brand standards and management, proposal process and provide strategic consultation across the organization in support of Visa traditional and non-traditional clients (issuers, partners, agents, card vendors, merchants)
- Assist with various program standards and brand management requests (rule amendments, new rules, waiver requests, naming requests): provide consultation, manage key stakeholder input and communication
- Support brand review teams and act as the single point of contact managing our new card design review process: provide input on inquiries relative to brand standards, act as brand steward in the management of the standards, field standards-related questions received in the general mailbox
- Manage special projects/ad hoc requests
- Provide subject matter expertise and support for new business initiatives, risk assessments, and Visa Rules requests
- Manage requests from regions involving standards-related questions
- Work with cross-functional, global teams in a consultative role to develop and/or amend brand standards as needed
- Work with agency in the development of new and amended brand standards
- Manage agency and internal relationships to support updates to the brand owned and supported websites, both functionally (systems upgrades) and practically (content modifications)
- Manage the collection, reporting and distribution of global metrics
- Provide subject matter expertise and training to cross-functional groups globally where appropriate
- Respond to regulatory issues and manage changes to any identified standards impacted
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This role may require 10% domestically and internationally.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.