Visa is seeking a VICE PRESIDENT – BENEFITS to collaborate with senior leadership in the development, design, and execution of Visa’s benefits and wellness programs. They will have a commercially focused mindset and the ability to translate that capability to human resources solutions through these programs. This leader will draw from big picture thinking to deliver compelling, innovative and creative programs that balance business needs and employee experience.
They will be a key member of the Total Rewards Leadership Team, reporting to the SVP, Total Rewards. This role will have full responsibility for North American benefits, and will lead the overall global benefits and wellness strategy in close partnership with the leader of international benefits and their team for the establishment of a comprehensive benefits and wellness strategy in support of the attraction, retention, and engagement of Visa’s employees.
The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in a dynamic payments and technology industry, and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change.
- Drive strategic planning, design, implementation, maintenance, regulatory compliance, communication, and administration of benefits and wellness programs
- Be adept at identifying and analyzing data and behavioral patterns to help inform the design, communication, education and administration of benefits and wellness programs
- Demonstrate critical thinking and exceptional people skills in helping solve complex system-wide challenges and in building teams who work effectively with you and each other to provide strategic and operational support to senior management
- Act as a key advisor on all M&A activities and contribute to other corporate initiatives
- Benchmark activities across all areas of benefits and wellness to elevate our understanding of our competitiveness and evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape of total rewards
- Provide proactive and strategic guidance and support for organizational planning and development initiatives that align the human resources agenda in support of key business strategies and initiatives
- Lead an effective, client-focused benefit and wellness team that instills company-wide trust and value for the HR function, and delivers with operational excellence
- Provide people leadership capabilities including promoting cross collaboration, inspiring growth and delivering as one team
- Communicates effectively with leadership and broad employees to convey the value and opportunity of Visa’s benefits and wellness programs
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING/INFLUENCING: Demonstrate effective and appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust and mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgement skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when and how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted and institutionalized
- INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY: Ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgement. Quickly study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details
- VALUES AND LEADERSHIP: Demonstrates alignment to Visa's Values (Integrity, Clients, People, Collaboration, innovation and Excellence) and has the capability to lead and motivate a team. Demonstrates commitment to growing and developing internal talent
- SOLUTION- AND RESULTS-ORIENTED: Resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working hands-on
- CHANGE AGENT: Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day HR matters. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates HR's impact and how HR is an integral part of the company's business strategy
- LOW EGO: Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent fashion without a personal agenda. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor and listens first
- INFLUENCING SKILLS: Able to challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively. Intellectually agile, self-confident and highly articulate at all levels in the organization
- EXECUTION AND OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: Outcome orientated and able to act decisively and deliver
- COMMUNICATION: Able to affect behavior and convey the value and opportunity of programs in a way that conveys the relevant information and resonates with the audience