The Nasdaq Futures Internship Program provides successful candidates with a unique opportunity to experience a challenging and immersive 10-week internship. As participants in the Nasdaq Futures Internship Program, you will deliver real, impactful work within a business unit. You will work on a defined project and partner with a mentor, network with senior colleagues, and present your project at the end of the program. You will also participate in learning & development opportunities as well as “lunch and learn” sessions with senior leaders.
This Nasdaq Internship runs for 10 weeks commencing from June to August.
Objectives of this Role
The Nasdaq Brand Studio is an in-house creative team that consists of designers, producers, and project managers. We are stewards of the Brand that move it forward through design, video, and the creative process.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
The Video Production Intern will work independently on a variety of projects including, but not limited to, client sizzle reels, concept videos, commercials, testimonials, filming videos, video podcasts, recurring series, and special projects. In addition, they will support the more senior Video Editors/Videographers with project prep; including research, creating assembly edits, and rough cuts, and setting up video shoot lighting and camera equipment.
- Liaise with internal and external clients via meetings, calls, and emails to go over project briefs and details, and determine content needs and direction
- Research and conceptualize video ideas
- Create storyboards of original concepts and ideas
- Show, revise, and finish video edits that satisfy department leaders and clients
- Research and identify the latest creative video, technology, and industry trends to improve skills
- Backup and maintain project files and archives
- Shoot videos, from concept to delivery; Specific functions include assembling and managing crew, field producing, lighting a studio set or on location, scouting and booking locations, coordinating shoots with the editorial team, and assisting in the development of graphics for live video series, and setting up wireless audio and mic talent
- Editing video. Edits will range from simple edits to many complex doc-style packages, and many quick multi-cam segments
- Actively participate in creative brainstorms for new content and series, social media campaigns, and sponsorship initiatives
- Source licensed music and stock media in accordance with our brand style and collaborate with our Brand team to further develop our in-house style
- Collaborate with our Motion Graphics Designers to develop and enhance visual storytelling.
- Work closely with our clients to shape their message to reach the right audience
- Apply corporate organizational understanding and business knowledge to establish and foster relationships with key stakeholders and customers both internally and externally
- Manage multiple projects, schedules, and deadlines in a fast-paced corporate studio environment
- Contributing to creative team brainstorms and content goals
- Liaise with freelance creatives if necessary
- Form a working knowledge of all of Nasdaq’s Business Units as well as develop a firm grasp of Nasdaq’s Brand Guidelines
- Understand digital video strategy for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn