The Cloud Foundation services team is looking for someone excited to work with Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, and Go. We are building a platform that makes it easy to run micro services in a secure, scalable, and reliable way for Starbucks Technology. The platform engineer I is a key member of the team helping to build that customer focused platform as a service (PaaS).
JOB SUMMARY & MISSION
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
This job contributes to Starbucks success by delivering high-quality, reliable, and stable technologies and security capabilities in support of the Starbucks Engineering Platform. This position is accountable for the installation, configuration, monitoring, analysis, maintenance, and technical support of the platform.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• 0-2 years of professional industry experience with software development
• Experience in system administration, network administration, and systems engineering
• Experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl and/or Ruby.
• Demonstrated ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Knowledge in application development and supporting a development environment
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Digital Ocean)
• Familiarity in TCP/IP networking, architecture and core technologies (DNS, routing, firewalls, etc.)
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Starbucks is about more than just a coffee; they're dedicated to employee and community growth. Starbucks even runs a program that pays for their baristas tuition to help them finish their education. That’s why when you launch your career inspired by human connection and the opportunity to become your personal best, the possibilities are endless. SCAP - Starbucks College Achievement Program