PHEAA is seeking a Call Center Supervisor to joinr our team! This role will oversee day-to-day work in a call center and/or processing production unit within PHEAA. This position will carry out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with the Agency’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; recognizing and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. This position requires the frequent use of tact, discretion, and independent judgment.
SHIFT: Monday - Friday, 12:30 pm - 9:30 pm
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
SUPERVISION/EVALUATION/DEVELOPMENT OF STAFF
Develop and manage a high performance team of representatives that may respond to, anyone of the following, lenders, guarantors, administrators, and/or customer inquiries; both verbally and in writing.
Develop and enhance employee competence and effectiveness by providing on-going guidance, mentoring, feedback, and motivation to staff to ensure competent performance and succession planning while adhering to department and PHEAA policies and procedures.
Responsible for interviewing candidates, hiring, writing and delivering annual performance evaluations, promotions, and terminations as necessary. This includes monitoring attendance, leave requests, FMLA usage, time sheets to ensure accuracy of hours worked and adherence to Agency and business units policies and procedures. Also, responsible for onboarding department training of new hires.
Ensure that calls are handled, by staff, within agreed time scales and in an appropriate manner.
Ensure that all staff have completed required Consumer Protection Training timely. Build and maintain a positive working environment that attracts and retains high-quality staff.
Maintain visibility with employees; supervisors are required to maintain an active presence on the call center floor and perform live monitoring, such as, provide timely positive feedback to staff and assist employees struggling with calls.
Support and promote all company and department service and quality initiatives.
Minimize discrepancies/errors/security breaches/ and/or customer escalation through effective coaching, support, supplemental training and ongoing understanding of departmental procedures to maximize utilization of resources. Research and report findings of suspected security incidents appropriately.
Broad understanding of collective bargaining agreement, PHEAA appendix and PHEAA specific side letters with specific knowledge regarding payment of overtime, promotions, leave administration, grievance procedures. Accountable for fact finding and grievances (i.e. attendance, misconduct, policy violation, performance, etc. )
- Responsible to review processes, internal policies and procedures and initiates changes to ensure compliance and/or improve business processes through development and execution of special projects.
- Work directly with manager and technical staff in creating, requesting, testing and training of system enhancements and develop interim solutions.
- Develop best practices for monitoring, managing and enforcing efficient and effective reporting and analysis.
- Track and communicate status updates regularly to management on the progress of requirements initiatives, including risks and issues.
- Create, assign and track individual, team and department goals in order to maximize performance levels.
- Monitor and adjust staffing levels to ensure service levels are being met by focusing on call and processing volumes and ensuring appropriate staff are crossed trained to meet needed forecast.
- Prepare communication and follow up to ensure teams are fully informed of all new information related to products, procedures, customer needs and company related issues, changes, and or actions.
- Continually look for ways to improve team’s performance by identifying and implementing work efficiencies through process improvement techniques.
- Provide staff assistance including directly responding to escalated calls from customers and shares learning with others.
- Monitor calls and/or processes to observe employee demeanor, accuracy, and conformity to the Agency’s policies. Answers questions and recommends corrective services to address employee mistakes and customer complaints.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Required to stay current on industry knowledge and best practices and think beyond own responsibilities and seek to understand the business direction, goals, and viewpoints.
- Troubleshoots minor computer and equipment issues and works with IT to resolve issues.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in an office environment with supervisor experience; or the equivalent training and experience in a call center and/or processing production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Effective time management skills and ability to effectively organize and prioritize work.
- Exhibit advanced leadership qualities, especially ability to deal with conflict/discord, and change.
- Proficient at researching issues and sharing the findings of that work with various groups effectively ensuring messaging is appropriate to audience.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to manage and prioritize assignments, and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment.
- Advanced skills in providing innovative solutions and/or perspective to strategy; high level of flexibility and creativity; open to new ideas and feedback.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills, accuracy, detail-oriented with strong focus on achieving results with the ability to deliver on multiple projects concurrently in a team environment and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrated advanced oral and written skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REQUIRES APPLICANTS TO POSSESS U.S. CITIZENSHIP
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of the student loan industry
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent training and experience.