THE PROPOSALS MANAGER WILL LEAD A TEAM OF BUSINESS PROPOSAL WRITERS WHOSE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY IS TO RESPOND TO SCHOOL DISTRICT AND STATE-WIDE RFPS, RFIS AND CATALOG BIDS. THE PROPOSALS MANAGER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR BALANCING WORKLOAD ACROSS THE TEAM, MAINTAINING ADHERENCE TO TIMELINES/PROCESSES AND ENSURING A HIGH QUALITY FINAL PRODUCT TO REPRESENT ISTATION.
- Full-time position at our Dallas-based corporate office
- Reports to Chief Financial Officer
- Base salary
- Group health plan and company-wide options
- 401(k) with company match
- Building amenities
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine which RFPs, RFIs and catalog bids to respond to
- Manage team of proposal writers, including determining work assignments, evaluating performance, recognizing key accomplishments and managing personnel issues
- Ensure adherence to timelines, interim deadlines and standard processes
- Interface with other departments on timelines, processes, etc.
- Review proposals before submission
- Write RFP responses as needed
- Conduct comprehensive win/loss analysis
- Ensure appropriate resources (e.g., subscription services, information storage software, etc.) available to the team
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Demonstrated leadership capability; able to set priorities and ensure achievement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with direct reports, department heads and subject matter experts across the organization
- Commitment to developing and maintaining a standardized process across the team
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities
- Ability to work as needed to meet tight deadlines and at peak periods
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 years of experience in proposal writing and/or management
- Proven track record of winning proposals
- Experience specific to Ed Tech industry preferred
- Show strong personal ownership and ability to set and meet high professional standards.
- Be passionate about what you do every day.
- Be detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Think analytically about possible impacts to operational business costs.
- Possess an aptitude for high-level efficiency.
- Have a proven track record of success with a strong work ethic and self-discipline.
- Possess strong listening skills with the ability to diagnose issues and provide solutions.
- Be able to learn independently, conduct research, and synthesize and apply information from a variety of resources.
- Have strong time-management and organizational skills with a proven ability to handle and follow through on multiple tasks or projects.
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Effectively manage information and monitor tasks to identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Take initiative and meet deadlines.
- Be personally responsible, accountable, punctual, and reliable.
- Be nimble and flexible, tolerate stress, and work well both independently and within diverse teams in an ever-changing product development environment.
- Converse well with non-related personnel, other engineers and internal SCRUM teams to include members who are educators, creative artists, sales people, and/or anyone who may be a part of our business infrastructure.
- Have strong digital skills and aptitude, including proficiency with computers and basic applications software including Concur, Microsoft Office, and Google Mail.