OUR STORY started more than 60 years ago when eight employees from Coors Brewery established the Coors Credit Union. Throughout the past six decades, membership expanded as products and services were introduced with a focus on delivering first-class financial solutions.
ON TAP CREDIT UNION was born from this rich heritage in 2017 when we changed the name from Coors Credit Union, to include all beer manufacturers, employees and enthusiasts. In fact, On Tap Credit Union now serves members who live in surrounding Colorado areas and enjoy beer and the Colorado lifestyle. Our primary goals are to be more inclusive while preserving our heritage embracing quality, enhance our attention to detail and commit to the communities where we live.
WHO WE ARE
We are not the 800-pound gorilla in the credit union universe, nor do we want to be. We are a robust financial institution with a paramount vision to craft financial opportunities and bring the dream of the Colorado lifestyle to every member of our community. No matter what our members’ next adventure may be, we want to help them get there.
And today, we invite you to apply for our Collector opportunity.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND TRAITS FOR THIS ROLE:
- Bring out the best in us. You’ll help perpetuate our KEG of Excellence -- Kindness, Elegance and Genuineness to everyone who proudly promotes our brand now and
- You must play well with others. This job interacts with every department, so building and maintaining effective relationships must be a key strength.
- You gotta have mad compromise skills to settle balances & disputes.
- Successfully navigate the critical partnerships with our 3rd party vendors.
- The word ‘Impossible’ doesn’t exist in our vocabulary, but a ‘can-do attitude’ does.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Optimize collections on accounts while effectively balancing the goodwill of members and the business interests of the credit union. Ensure collection policies and procedures are followed and comply with state and federal collection rules & regs.
WHAT THAT MEANS
- Develop solutions to resolve delinquent loans via phone and letter.
- Initiate and drive investigations to locate members, correct discrepancies, and identify check fraud & scams.
- Minimize loss by coordinating repossession and remarketing avenues.
- Work in depth with Bankruptcy, filings, proof of claims & loan portfolio delinquencies.
- Analyze, analyze, and analyze so you can identify trends in probable losses, collection costs and recoveries
- Work to maintain credit union profitability by embracing our goals and seamless member experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years-experience in a collections department of a financial institution, preferably a credit union
- Third-party collections experience
- Collection law knowledge
- Symitar a plus
- Participate in required collections training
HERE’S WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Growth and Development. We welcome someone who will hit the ground running, can change priorities on a dime, and possess mega enthusiasm & flexibility. Are you up for this challenge?
- Benefits Worth a Double-Take. Besides medical, dental, and vision coverage, we’ve got PTO (paid time off) and financial loan programs to help you achieve your next adventure. And your birthday? We consider this a holiday too and give you a day off to celebrate!
- 401k Perk. We’ll jump-start your savings by matching your contributions (100% of the first 5% you invest). Those match dollars are pre-taxed and 100% vested the month following your date of hire.
- Dress Code Extraordinaire. We’ve implemented a casual-dress work environment which includes On Tap branded gear, along with the option of beer gear to showcase our beer heritage and brewery partners. As a bonus, we also give clothing stipends to help you fill your closet.
- Wellness Center. Deeply discounted at only $10.00 per month, you’ll have access to a state-of-the-art workout facility including daily fitness classes like spinning and yoga.
- Complimentary Massages. Feeling stressed? Got a kink in your neck? You have nine opportunities a year to take advantage of our chair massages to help you relax and re-charge.
- Make the Grade. On Tap believes in supporting our employees by offering regular career coaching and underwriting 75% of your education expenses up to $2,500 each year after one full year of employment.
- Co-workers. They are pretty cool, really like their jobs, embrace collaboration, ensure our members take center-stage and are life-long learners.
SO THAT’S OUR STORY. Interested? Then start your application. WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR STORY.
On Tap Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.