Perform work that involves developing tactical solutions for the Android and Windows platforms. Primary activity is software design, development, integration, and testing using agile methodologies. Duties also include conducting end user interviews, broadening knowledge on tactical networks, and demonstration/exercise support.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Able to develop, integrate, and test software solutions with minimal daily supervisory requirement.
- Be able to develop new software or readily modify existing software.
- Must be able to take immediate direction from Chief Architect and Chief Engineer.
- Must be able to develop in a controlled software configuration management environment.
- No direct supervisory responsibility but will coordinate work with other software and senior software engineers.
- Contacts are primarily with other software development and testing individuals/group.
- May coordinate with operational users and may work on-site with operational users.
- Will coordinate regularly with program manager, chief engineer and chief architect.
- Experience with one or more of the following development tools/environments is desired: Android SDK, Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET SDK, Apple iOS SDK, Open GL, FFMPEG, Spatial Lite.
- Domain experience in geospatial systems (i.e., moving map display), full motion video, geopositioning devices, advanced GPS technology, tactical networking, and/or mission planning solutions desired.
- Experience with development tools such as JIRA, GitHUB, Confluence, and Slack
- Experience in Mobile Device computing (Android, iOS)
- Must be able to readily obtain/maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Java, C++, object oriented and network centric systems.
- Operating system experience includes Windows, Android, Apple iOS, and/or UNIX/LINUX.
It is the policy of PAR to prohibit all forms of discrimination and to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, military status, national origin, disability, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status and positive action shall be taken to insure the fulfillment of this policy.