The Senior Scheduler will develop, update, and publish Level 1 – 5 schedules to ensure goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create Cost and Resource Loaded schedules, gather data, validate and incorporate it into the project schedule, analyze schedule impacts and recommend corrective action to be taken in order to mitigate/avoid cost and schedule overruns.
- Monitor and document engineering, fabrication and construction progress, identify, track and assist in resolution of issues/conflicts.
- Review, monitor, and report to the Project Manager, the schedule status of the project with regard to compliance to the construction documents.
- Prepare clear and concise scheduling/update analysis reports, including project indicators on a regular basis.
- Develop project schedules to be included in projects ranging from order-of-magnitude level to detailed schedules suitable for detailed design, and construction based on using Critical Path Methodology.
- Develop baselined schedules coordinating with Project Manager and team to logically sequence all scope of work to be performed, prior to the start of a project.
- Interface interface with the client and project team to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
- Contribute to the development of working schedules for estimating prior to proposal date, which sufficiently illustrates the sequence of work activities and contract time.
- Prepare and issue proposal and preliminary schedules.
- Create detailed schedules with input from various disciplines involved in a study or design project that will be included with the project deliverables.
- Support corporate initiatives, accumulating historical performance data, for use in a realistic planning and forecasting of future projects.
- Travel domestically and internationally 10-30% per year and up to four (4) weeks duration.
- Safely commute between St. Louis, MO Headquarters and our manufacturing facility in Red Bud, IL.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office and uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 10 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL / ABILITY / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Five (5) to ten (10) or more years of experience developing baseline schedules, maintaining progress schedules and coordinating detailed schedules is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Project is required. Experience with Oracle Primavara P6 is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.