The Mechanical Designer position is responsible for generating design documents working from sketches, marked-up drawings, and/or vendor information provided by project engineers or senior designers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow established AutoCAD standardization as provided in Roeslein’s Engineering / Drafting Standards and utilize established drawing formats and design details from previous projects as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Generate design documents working from sketches, marked-up drawings, and/or vendor information provided by project engineers or senior designers.
- Generate and understand the pre-design structural unitized system for the D&I Process as developed by Roeslein.
- Develop the majority of the project documents based on reference material obtained from similar past projects.
- Follow established AutoCAD standardization as provided by Roeslein’s Engineering / Drafting Standards.
- Use various office machines i.e. plotters, document copiers, etc.
- Maintain drawing files and assemble of bidding documents.
- Accurately complete drawings and other documents.
- Perform document checking on non-complicated drawings developed by other Drafters and Designers.
- Travel domestically and internationally ranging from 0-10% per year.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE THAT MUST BE MET BY AN EMPLOYEE TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTION OF THIS JOB. WHILE PERFORMING THE DUTIES OF THIS POSITION, THE EMPLOYEE WILL IS REGULARLY REQUIRED TO WALK, STAND, USE HANDS AND FINGERS, GRIP, HANDLE OR FEEL; REACH WITH HANDS AND ARMS; CLIMB OR BALANCE; STOOP, KNEEL, CROUCH OR CRAWL; AND TALK AND HEAR. ABILITY TO LIFT AND CARRY 50 LBS. ON A REGULAR BASIS IS REQUIRED.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Computer-Aided Drafting, Design, Engineering, or closely related field is required.
- Two (2) years of experience in drafting / design experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and its advanced features is required.
- Experience using Solid Works highly desired.
- Experienced in 3D designs using AutoCAD, Inventor and/or SolidWorks.
- Ability to interpret engineer’s notes & sketches as well as verbal directions for development into complex design documents is necessary.
- Must be available to make site visits at the fabrication facility (Roeslein Red Bud) on an as need basis throughout a project for coordination and at times assist in the tagging and shipping of materials to the project site.
- Ability to manage time and efforts towards completing designs on time and within budgets is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.