The Mechanical Construction Specialist will plan, direct, and lead discipline activities related to piping installation provided in unit sections, utility piping systems and process piping systems of a designated construction project to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in daily on-site meetings by providing the sub-contractors with a daily list of items that are complete and incomplete.
- Establish goals and deadlines for all project discipline activities on a daily basis.
- Establish a work plan within specific project parameters by utilizing contractor and direct hire resources.
- Effectively communicate with project and contractor staff - outline a work plan by assigning duties and responsibilities.
- Direct the flow consistent within the project schedule.
- Manage the punch list and closeout process through Functional Installation Check-out acceptance.
- Meet goals and deadlines established by others, or communicate in advance of the timelines established if goals are unattainable.
- Monitor and adjust project plans based on changes with the project.
- Travel domestically and internationally 50-60% of the time.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for all discipline team members on site and adhere to the company standards of quality, ethics and safety.
- Oversee contractor installation methods to assure quality and safety are maintained.
- Effectively serve as a technical point of contact with the customer and ensure that communication is handled in a professional and timely manner.
- Review subcontractor bid documents and change requests against contracted scope of work.
- Keep proper documentation dialogs pertaining to all issues regarding the project including, but not limited to: Contractor change order summaries, subcontractor agreements, daily field reports, schedules, change requests, field directives, punch list documentation and installation check out documents.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office and uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs. on a regular basis is required. Have the ability to Push and Pull 50lbs or more on a regular basis. Have the ability to reach overhead from an elevated platform. Must be able to stand/walk 50% of the time on uneven work surfaces, sit for other duties 40%, and climb 10% of the time. Ability to work from mobile equipment such as boom and scissor lifts with a harness.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL / ABILITY / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience and willingness to learn.
- Two (2) to five (5) or more years of experience in an industrial construction setting is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of drawings is required.
- Ability to interpret engineer/designer notes and sketches for incorporation into design documents is necessary.
- Required to have a driver’s license in good standing.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively lean and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.