This role is responsible for helping to manage the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance efforts and assist in special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform walkthroughs to identify risks, control gaps, and improvement opportunities with a SOX focus .
- Design, execute and complete testing of the design and operating effectiveness of SOX business process controls.
- Improve SOX documentation and work papers (i.e. work with process owners to refine risk control matrix, improve process flows, refine / develop test procedures, propose control language and associated risks etc.)
- Assist in evaluation of new processes, policies and systems to determine relevance to / and impact on the SOX program, including assessing design of controls based on identified risks.
- Evaluate audit findings and coordinate remediation of deficiencies.
- Manage and/or contribute to special projects both on-going and recurring, as needed, in an effective and efficient manner.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience/training; field of study in accounting preferred.
- 3+ years of SOX business process auditing experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, positive working relationships at all levels of the organization by applying strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and flexible team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing processes and procedures.
- Strong project management abilities.
- Comprehension of internal auditing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO and risk-assessment practices.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred. CPA or CIA candidates accepted.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation. Maximus will comply with regulatory minimum wage rates and exempt salary thresholds in all instances.
As a leading strategic partner to governments across the globe, Maximus helps improve the delivery of public services amid complex technology, health, economic, environmental, and social challenges. With a deep understanding of program service delivery, acute insights that achieve operational excellence, and an extensive awareness of the needs of the people being served, our employees advance the critical missions of our partners. Maximus delivers innovative business process management, impactful consulting services, and technology solutions that provide improved outcomes for the public and higher levels of productivity and efficiency of government-sponsored programs.