Camp Fire Heartland Job Summary Position: After School Program Specialist
Status: Part-time (Monday through Friday, 2:30 pm – 6:30 pm)
Location: Kansas City, MO
Salary Range: $10 - $12 per hour
Job Summary: The Program Specialist is responsible for supervising and interacting with youth in the After-School program located in one of four community centers, adhering to all local, state, and federal regulations. The Program Specialist works with the Site Director to implement developmentally appropriate Out-Of-School Time activities for youth such as recreation, homework help, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), creative art, and project work. Duties also involve written and verbal communication with parents, school personnel, and other Camp Fire staff.
• Provide a safe, nurturing enrichment program for youth to thrive
• Interact with children and families in a positive way to encourage independence and cooperation
• Work directly with school age youth with a maximum ratio of 20 youth per group
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Experience working with children and youth
• Must pass a criminal background check
• College credit in child development, education, or related field
• CDA, Associate or Bachelors’ Degree in child development, education or related field
• Bilingual, English – Spanish
Camp Fire’s Culture: Camp Fire Heartland provides programs for boys, girls, and their families and include camping, after school programs, teen services, environmental education, and school readiness. In Camp Fire, children and youth find a safe, fun and inclusive place – a place where they form lasting relationships, develop a sense of belonging and make positive contributions to the lives of their families and their community. Camp Fire youth have life-enhancing experiences and develop assets essential to their futures. Young people want to shape the world. Camp Fire provides the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are. In Camp Fire, it begins now. Light the fire within.
Young people want to shape the world. Camp Fire provides the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are. In Camp Fire, it begins now. Light the fire within. Camp Fire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual preference, disability, condition or any other group protected by law.