The Equity & Engagement Center of Excellence (COE) builds greater equity and representation within every aspect of our business – from employees to consumers. The Center of Excellence leads the development and implementation of proactive equity and engagement initiatives to create a workforce that is more representative and responsive to people of all backgrounds, where all have an opportunity to succeed.
The Assistant Manager, Equity & Engagement will be responsible for leading project management and execution across key strategic priorities and initiatives including Social Impact/Equity governance structures, Global and Regional Equity programming, and Women’s Advancement programming (i.e. Open Doors). The individual in this role will have high visibility and high exposure to senior leaders across the enterprise while project managing workstreams across our Social Impact/Equity governance structures to deliver ELC’s publicly committed Social Impact goals. The individual in this role will build meaningful relationships across the enterprise and gain critical skills to strengthen their career trajectory. This individual will be thoughtfully developed by leaders within the COE and across the Company.
Social Impact, Equity & Operations
- Operate as a project manager across Racial Equity Program, Social Impact Sub-Committee, Gender Equality Taskforce, Women in STEM and regional Equity projects
- Assist with creation of agenda and materials to support critical enterprise-wide meetings such as Social Impact Sub-Committee, Racial Equity Steering Committee, Racial Equity Operational Committee, Gender Equality Taskforce, Women in STEM, etc.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders and project managers across the company on key equity and social impact initiatives to gather inputs for governance meetings, reporting and other recurring deliverables; responsible for completion of final deliverables
- Track progress towards Racial Equity Commitments and partner with ESG, Global Corporate Citizenship & Sustainability, Internal Audit on data needs
- Support execution across all equity programming and initiatives, partner with Executive Director, Equity and Engagement Strategy and Operations to design regional equity strategies
- Manage ongoing tracking of data and outcomes across Equity strategies and programming, including regional equity activities
- Partner with Executive Director, Strategy and Operations to manage team project plans and dashboard
- Support COE strategy development and act as thought partner in developing key strategic initiatives for the COE
- Assist with developing presentations for multiple audiences, from Employees through Senior Executives
- Partner with communications and Executive Director, Operations and Strategy to launch re-branding initiative and intranet page for COE; partner with communications to deploy strategy and maintain ongoing efforts
- Support and sustain the Open Doors Collection through the project management of the FY24 Collection Refresh
- Create content development, editing, technical, and learning hub project plan; drive and track deliverables and related communications
- Distribute, maintain, and update surveys across programs (Intensive, Collab, Live) to ensure accurate distribution, collection, and reporting
- Maintain central repository of data
- Create and distribute monthly reports including
- Open Doors Collection engagement and impact
- Tracking against quantitative strategic goals
- Coordinate with Global Corporate Citizenship & Sustainability
- Maintain qualitative updates on Intensive Program participants
- Pull competitive analysis from Proctor & Gamble, LVMH, etc.
- Manage myELC questions and news feed for Open Doors page, partner with Comms on management of calendar
- Work with Executive Director, Employee Engagement to execute across “Amplify the Employee Voice” strategy: develop a community of practice; support capability building to drive a more inclusive, connected culture across the Company; support listening sessions; lead data capture and analysis; coordinate program logistics and maintain communications for programming
- Support the development of the Enterprise Recognition strategy to ensure employees feel appreciated and valued for the work they do in a consistent, meaningful way, aligning with ELC's core values and goals. Assist in collecting and analyzing data, conduct external market research, and assist in developing and provide training for an Enterprise Recognition Playbook
- Provide support in organizing and execution of Engagement programming including scheduling logistics, communications, and managing follow ups
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3 - 4 years of relevant experience in Human Resources or Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Deep interest in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; some experience working on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programming; stays current on trends and opportunities in the space
- Demonstrated ability to work with very senior leaders to deliver on strategy and bring individuals at all levels along on the journey
- Inclusive and genuine leader; values curiosity, innovation and problem solving
- Strong strategic thinking and honed analytical skills--able to make connections and see the big picture
- Proven project management experience; prior experience project managing across complex, enterprise-wide governance structures
- Education/training in Project Management and/or PMP certification preferred
- Proven organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
- Experience with managing tracking and reporting; can translate complex data into clear, consumable reports and analysis
- Experience with creating compelling storytelling through the use of data to inform decision-making
- Stays current on latest reporting trends and technology
- Ability to successfully and proactively manage multiple projects, priorities, and workstreams simultaneously and motivate them to deliver towards fixed dates
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications required; knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Office365, Teams and SharePoint preferred; Familiarity with Slido
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills
- Creative problem-solving skills, ability to employ sound judgment
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $71,000 to $106,000. Exact salary depends on several factors such as experience, skills, education, and budget. Salary range may vary based on geographic location. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for participation in a highly competitive bonus program with possibility for overachievement based on performance and company results.
In addition, The Estée Lauder Companies offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees, including health insurance coverage, wellness and family support programs, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plans, paid leave programs, education-related programs, paid holidays and vacation time, and many others. Many of these benefits are subsidized or fully paid for by the company.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 2317923
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.