The Manager, Global Corporate Communications will be responsible for driving integrated corporate communications strategies and tactics to advance The Estée Lauder Companies’ corporate reputation surrounding its Global Supply Chain. The role will drive compelling storytelling internally and externally to engage a variety of stakeholders around the company’s efforts to source, plan, make and distribute the highest quality prestige beauty products. Responsibilities will include support of Strategic Communications Planning, Executive Communications, Employee Communications, Change Communications, Event Planning, Media Relations, Creative Production/Content Development, Issues Management, and Speaking Engagements. The role will require an understanding of the technical nature of a complex Global Supply Chain and an ability to communicate technical information in an easily understandable way. The position requires close collaboration across Corporate Affairs, Corporate Communications, Public Affairs, and cross-functional teams at ELC’s supply chain sites around the world.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, develop, and drive a 360-degree communications strategy to enhance ELC’s Corporate Reputation by amplifying key Global Supply Chain narratives across all relevant internal and external channels
- Craft overarching holistic narrative and develop communications tactics for ELC’s Global Supply Chain with a strong focus on resiliency, technology, sustainability, women in STEM, supplier diversity and more
- Develop clear and engaging internal supply chain communications to support the business, engage employees and showcase how ELC’s supply chain is driving competitive advantage
- Deepen relationships with supply chain trade media and industry organizations
- Maintain holistic editorial calendar to guide communications activities and news flow, including social, digital, and traditional media
- Amplify Supply Chain efforts on ELC’s social media channels (e.g., Facebook, Instagram) as appropriate
- Partner with Manager, Global Innovation and R&D Communications, on identifying synergies across the value chain (Innovation/R&D and Supply Chain functions) and ensuring messaging is consistent across the value chain, particularly in areas such as packaging, responsible sourcing, and supplier engagement
- Oversee day-to-day work of Coordinator, Value Chain & ESG Communications
- Collaborate with Global Communications contacts worldwide on strategic communications needs (media, events, internal communications etc.) specific to regional manufacturing and distribution sites
Internal Supply Chain Business & Executive Communications – 60%
- Engage, empower, and inspire Global Supply Chain employees worldwide through effective, compelling, and regularly cadenced internal communications that retain and motivate employees
- Support internal contacts to develop and update MyELC Community (intranet/digital workplace) pages, ensuring pages are relevant and effective for employees across corporate supply chain, manufacturing, and distribution functions
- Partner with various internal organizations (i.e., reverse mentors, chief of staff offices, HR partners) to support business needs and promote various programs and initiatives
- Host various internal events, including town halls, Supply Chain Conversations/webinars, Value Chain Conscious Inclusion/ID&E events and more
- Support senior level internal executive appointment announcements
- Oversee internal e-blasts to Global Supply Chain function
- Partner with internal stakeholders across Supply Chain departments and regional sites to drive internal communications and employee engagement around key relevant moments (i.e., Safety Month, National Manufacturing Month, Quality Week, Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign)
- Seek opportunity to further engage “front line” workers on the manufacturing and distribution plant level through digital signage, custom MyELC pages and other communications channels
- Serve as strategic advisor and partner for key internal stakeholders (including Chief Supply Chain Officer, Chief Research, Product and Innovation Officer, their respective Chiefs of Staff, Supply Chain Leadership Team, Innovation/Product Development Leadership Team, and more
- Support issues management and risk mitigation through participating in Value Chain-related issues working groups
External Supply Chain Communications – 40%
- Proactively seek key media placements, speaking opportunities and award opportunities to amplify and drive storytelling across Value Chain
- Transition technical subject matter into easily digestible and newsworthy communications
- Deepen relationships with top-tier, industry, and trade publications and organizations
- Evaluate and respond to incoming media requests
- Prepare ELC leadership for media interviews (including the development of briefings, media trainings, etc.)
- Identify key industry events, conferences, and spokespeople to drive supply chain narrative forward
- Review and approve speaking opportunities for Supply Chain employees
- Pursue relevant industry awards and rankings
- Amplify ELC’s Supply Chain efforts on social media channels
- Ensure Supply Chain content featured regularly on ELC’s social media channels (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Support Supply Chain executives’ social media posts on LinkedIn and other channels
- Explore targeted and paid posts as appropriate
- Generate employee-driven social media content (e.g., Day in the Life) for channels like TikTok
- Support Talent Branding efforts in partnership with HR and Talent Acquisition
- Use strategic communication tactics to attract top talent to work at ELC’s manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide to fill in-demand roles and maintain business excellence
- Establish, maintain, and refresh content for ELC’s external website and social media channels
- Support various specific programs and initiatives to attract and retain talent (e.g., ELC’s Supply Chain Scholars program, Women in Supply Chain employee resource group)
- Highlight internal talent, including promotions and appointments
- Partner with individual manufacturing and distribution sites on specific employee engagement and talent recruitment needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with an ability to evolve and tailor writing style to suit various projects and channels.
- Strong experience developing and implementing high impact communications initiatives at scale with measurable results.
- Excellent executive presence with the ability to counsel business leaders and other key stakeholders strategically.
- Highly organized, experienced project manager with great attention to detail, responsive and highly adept at prioritizing; resourceful and applies an open-minded, creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to transition technical subject matter into easily understandable and digestible content.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,500 - $135,500. Exact salary depends on several factors such as experience, skills, education, and budget. Salary range may vary based on geographic location. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for participation in a highly competitive bonus program with possibility for overachievement based on performance and company results.
In addition, The Estée Lauder Companies offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees, including health insurance coverage, wellness and family support programs, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plans, paid leave programs, education-related programs, paid holidays and vacation time, and many others. Many of these benefits are subsidized or fully paid for by the company.
Job: Communications / Public Relations
Primary Location: US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 2314085
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.