The J&J Design Studio is the internal design team of Johnson & Johnson and crafts compelling end-user solutions across all the Company’s business groups: Consumer, Pharma and Medical Devices. Located in New York City, the Studio consists of 2D, 3D, DXD, UX/UI, CGI and Design Operations categories and contains over 100 professionals, many with advanced degrees in their chosen design specialties.
J&J Design is looking for creative, hardworking Interns and Co-ops. Through the Internship and Co-op program, you will gain hands-on, real world experience in all aspects of the design development process. You will also have numerous opportunities presented to you such as networking, mentoring options and cross-functional exposure.
We currently have opportunities in the following areas:
- The Environmental Design Intern will assist with the creative execution of spatial and applied branding projects and initiatives; creating and expanding on key elements derived from the brand’s holistic vision as to how employees and visitors experience Johnson & Johnson around the globe through the development and application on a diverse touch points such as workplace, retail and healthcare, with executional excellence.
INSIGHTS EXPERIENCE & STRATEGY
- As the intern, you will use Design Thinking and its associated skillsets including ethnography, synthesis, generative facilitation, and storytelling to help teams develop new ideas. You will also reframe challenges based on insight and enable teams to collaborate. Your deliverables lie in learning, framing, envisioning and even making new, holistic experiences of care.
- Brand Design Interns will gain experience in design and utilize Design Thinking to deliver a diverse range of project and create global brand solutions across several categories such as packaging, communications, digital, product and environmental design under supervision.
- As the Digital Experience Design Intern, you will participate and gain experience in product and platform design by applying skills in UX research, design thinking, information architecture, and user-interface design to build and engage people. The role has the potential to impact a variety of J&J touch points, including websites, human-machine interfaces, mobile apps, wearables, and hospital environments.
FUNDAMENTAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A portfolio link must be included in the resume or you will not be considered and will be disqualified.
- Your resume must be submitted in PDF format to be considered.