Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather and architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together.
To learn more, visit www.knoll.com.
The Technical Resource Specialist is an internal innovative technical resource that provides imaginative product consultation to Knoll and dealer associates in order to best position Knoll products in the most strategic fashion. The Technical Resource Specialist is part of a team that is an integral part of the selling process and distinguishes Knoll by providing superior technical knowledge and creativity in order to provide the best furniture solution to the problem at hand. An open mind, a can-do attitude and the willingness to uncover inspired solutions through collaboration with Sales and explorations with Custom Product Development are key to the success for the individual in this position. Understanding and owning the details of Knoll’s standard product offering is the basis for the ability to be creative in achieving a custom solution for a designer’s vision while meeting a client’s budget.
**APPLICANT MUST RESIDE IN CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learning Knoll’s standard product offering in detail and being able to find minute product details efficiently/quickly is critical.
- Responding to requests in a timely manner
- The ability to prioritize responsibilities based on the possible impact to achieving sales results. Communicating timelines and meeting due dates is imperative.
- Custom Product Development – Leads special projects response that best meet specific client concept needs while upholding Knoll’s timeless modern design pillars and communicating how each customization may impact other detailed decision and overall cost.
- Act as the liaison with Knoll Custom Product Development
- Communication – Comfortable communicating and meeting with end user, designer and consultants. Technical experts for meetings spanning the breadth of pre-install briefings defining the opportunity, technical consultation, optimum product positioning and translation of A + D concepts into product realities
- Pricing – Preliminary, pre-bid and as a component of schematic design
- Production – produce CAD drawings, Bill of Materials documents for sales team’s need of pricing and product application choices for their customers (Architects and End users). Particularly when there is no assigned dealer with the project yet. This type of support can be from short term to long term. Multiple assignments can happen at the same period of time
- Specification Consulting – Confers with dealer design staff to provide technical product application and ‘how to’ support. One can be the dedicated consultant for providing support of a particular account. Each associate can be assigned to multiple accounts
- Mock-Up – Process management at some if not all stages: concept, details, specification check, typical and layout, and project management stages
- RFP Process – Assist with technical specifications, proposal and information gathering
- Training Link – Provides day to day dealer specifier training and links global training request to appropriate Knoll resources
BS/BA degree in design, engineering, electronic arts, or architecture or equivalent experience
- Work submittal is required for consideration
- Three-to-five years experience in 3-D modeling programs with contract furniture
- Must have above average computer hardware/software proficiency with: Configura, VIZ, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, CAP, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external customers in order to position Knoll in the best light while respecting and balancing design intent and client budget
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills:
- Individual must be poised, respectful, diligent with a sales mentality and understanding of how the tech resources role directly impacts sales success.
- Assist with mock-ups
- Assist with RFI/RFP process
- Interface with internal departments of the organization (i.e. Custom Product, Manufacturing, Marketing)
- Compiling reports, metrics, project tracking
- Providing request for materials/samples for clients
POSSIBLE BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Ability to hand draft axonometric drawings based on the framework of existing product in order to build something achievable with custom details at an affordable price point
We are an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.