If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? (CLICK HERE) OR CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE: HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WATCH?V=OPN86QVNKFU
BMC Stock Holdings is looking for an experienced litigation paralegal to join the Company’s legal department in its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, NC. BMC Stock Holdings is a publicly traded company that, through its operating subsidiaries, is one of the leading providers of diversified building products, services, and innovative solutions in the U.S. residential construction market. This position offers a tremendous variety of work in a number of substantive legal areas including products liability, construction defects, employment discrimination and other employment-related matters, motor vehicle torts, business torts, and breach of contract among others. This position also offers an opportunity to interact routinely with talented managers and senior Company leaders throughout the country.
- Managing the intake and routing of cases and claims served on the Company and its operating subsidiaries through its registered agent and in other manners.
- Coordinating with Company locations throughout the country to assist with searches for and to collect documents and information pertinent to cases and claims asserted against the Company.
- Coordinating with various company departments and personnel to retrieve records and respond to subpoenas and other discovery requests.
- Communicating with outside counsel representing the Company to assist them with case activities and tasks.
- Communicating with opposing counsel to seek and obtain case information.
- Preparing and managing legal holds.
- Inputting case data and financial information into Company databases.
- Assisting the litigation division and risk management group in the preparation, filing, and tracking of related insurance claims.
- Conducting factual and legal research using electronic research databases and secondary resources.
- Preparing spreadsheets and presentations concerning matters being handled by the litigation division of the legal department.
- Designing and running reports from various Company databases.
- Interacting with the Company’s finance department on case and claim accruals.
- Managing and processing invoices from outside counsel and legal vendors.
- Performing administrative and clerical tasks, including typing and filing (both with respect to paper records and electronic documents and communications).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Paralegal Certification from ABA accredited institution.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents, government regulations, insurance documents, financial reports, and professional and technical journals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively present information to peers, supervisors, business locations, and legal vendors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced computer skills including Power Point and Excel.
- Confident in interacting with senior and executive management of the Company as well as persons outside of the Company.
- 5-10 years of experience in litigation, with construction litigation and in-house experience a plus.
- Experience with Risk Console and/or other risk management information systems is preferred but not required.
This position reports to the Company’s Deputy General Counsel. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. There is no relocation assistance.