The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education.
SCCA’s Business Intelligence & Advanced Analytics department puts information into the hands of real people and harnesses the power of data to help deliver state of the art cancer care. The SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST will join this growing team of innovative, results-oriented and collaborative professionals who employ information systems thinking and an analytical mindset to improve the experience of our patients, providers and staff. We combine analytics expertise with a deep understanding of clinical workflows and strong partnerships to deliver valuable, trusted data products as well as demonstrate the extraordinary opportunities for analytics in healthcare. The Senior Business Analyst is a critical member of this team who will inform our strategy, expand our capabilities, and drive the delivery of integrated data solutions that make SCCA a national leader in analytics for oncology.
- Build positive, productive relationships with clinical and business partners to understand their information needs, identify analytics/BI opportunities, and ensure our work adds value. Partners may include SCCA executives, directors and managers, providers, researchers, administrators, clinical staff, and outside institutions or agencies.
- Develop a robust understanding of patient populations, oncology care, services, and business/clinical practices across SCCA and the oncology alliance.
- Become a subject matter expert in SCCA’s data and data systems – financial, operational and clinical – to enable highest, best use of our data assets.
- Pioneer data discovery and analytics efforts with novel data sources – lead the way in making sense of raw data to inform data development and propel use in analytics and data science.
- Collaborate with project teams to complete development projects for SCCA’s data warehouse:
- Identify key stakeholders, organize and understand their information needs
- Gather requirements and articulate use cases for development
- Define key business concepts and metrics across multiple data sources
- Perform analysis to ensure data accurately reflects business and clinical practice
- Analyze proposed solutions and make decisions on behalf of stakeholders
- Partner with systems analysts to write requirements that envision future use cases and are consistent with data warehouse definitions/standards
- Perform functional and user acceptance testing
- Create data visualizations and present solutions to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ensure data development projects meet the needs of stakeholders and add value
- Lead data development projects, determine scope, break down work, set timelines and facilitate project team meetings.
- Develop and deliver resources, training, and coaching to support effective and efficient use of data warehouse content.
- Identify and implement industry best practices, make recommendations on key capabilities and tools to advance SCCA’s analytics and business intelligence program.
- BA/BS in statistics, computer science, healthcare informatics or similar degree
- 3-5 years of applicable analytics, business intelligence or data development experience
- Proven track record to solve complex business problems
- Extensive experience in exploratory data analysis, feature engineering, and data visualization
- Demonstrated experience with SQL relational databases
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- High degree of personal initiative, self-direction and strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable and effective in shaping up ambiguous asks into tangible use cases and business requirements
- Ability to drive decision making with diverse audiences
- Master’s degree or 5-8 years of experience in data development/business intelligence/analytics
- Familiarity with healthcare industry and/or experience working with healthcare data, especially in oncology or population health
- Experience with model explanation/interpretation methodologies, such as LIME or Shapley values
- Strong data visualization skills
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.