The Executive Director, National Market Development will be responsible for growing national admissions of diagnostically complex patients to the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (SRAlab) flagship and system of care by developing and executing multi-tiered relationship development and sales strategies targeting:
Payers including Workers’ Compensation, reinsurers, catastrophic commercial insurance,
National employers who coordinate purchasing of care for key diagnostic conditions
Top tier Trauma, Pediatric and LTAC hospitals in key national target markets.
KEY EFFORTS FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE IDENTIFYING, PRIORITIZING AND DEVELOPING NEW NATIONAL REFERRAL RELATIONSHIPS FOR SHIRLEY RYAN ABILITYLAB, BUILDING MARKET AWARENESS OF SRALAB’S DIFFERENTIATED CARE MODEL AND GROWING DIAGNOSTICALLY COMPLEX PATIENT VOLUMES. THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR WILL LEAD THE DEVELOPMENT OF MARKET ENTRY PLANS, SPOT THE VALUE PROPOSITIONS WITH PAYERS AND WITHIN REFERRING HOSPITALS AND IDENTIFY INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS THAT PRODUCE MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL RELATIONSHIPS.
The Executive Director, National Market Development will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Executive Director, National Market Development will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, NATIONAL MARKET DEVELOPMENT WILL:
- Partner with the Finance team to identify and analyze national market and payer data in order to segment and prioritize hospital and employer targets for growth regionally and nationally.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical market entry plans to build referral relationships that result in growth in appropriate admissions for key conditions within Shirley Ryan AbilityLab’s Innovation Centers, primarily brain, spinal cord and pediatrics.
- Collaborate with Finance and Payer Contracting teams to identify gaps in local, regional and national payers for diagnostically complex patients, proactively pitch SRAlab to new payers and support the negotiation of favorable contracts to drive volume.
- Identify national employers/payers who are early adopters of “Center of Excellence” purchasing strategies for key diagnostic conditions (i.e., United Airlines for Orthopaedic Surgery); develop and execute mutual payer-provider value-proposition to drive referrals for complex conditions
- Identify key buyer/referrer decision-makers in target hospitals, leveraging SRAlab’s Medical, Clinical, Research, Academy and Advisory Services teams in developing key relationships, understand client needs and developing customized solutions and right messages to convey SRAlab’s value to prospective clients and patients.
- Lead the sales effort by identifying and implementing effective sales strategies. Identify barriers (i.e., family housing) and develop solutions. Build the case for why targeted payors, employers and hospitals should recommend/choose SRAlab over other national competitors.
- Educate internal stakeholders with understanding the competitive landscape and engage them in creating solutions that offer competitive advantages (i.e., SCI Vent Weaning Program).
- Develop and demonstrate deep knowledge of healthcare market dynamics as it pertains to post- acute care and rehabilitation services locally, regionally and nationally.
- Oversee the technical post-sale referral process to ensure smooth transition of care for all key stakeholders.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to the VP, Market Development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, marketing, or related field. Graduate coursework is desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of previous health care leadership experience including fiscal understanding and impact of quality of care. Clinical background helpful.
- Proven abilities in sales and/or referral relationship development.
- Previous experience with developing corporate and/or organizational policies and authorizing their implementation.
- Requires a forward-thinking, proactive, results-oriented leader with the ability to create mutually beneficial relationships.
- Analytical and leadership skills necessary to effectively assess markets, create innovative solutions, develop and execute new initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and evaluating fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major functional areas.
- Able to interact internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters. Influences policymaking.
- Demonstrated exceptional oral presentation skills and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that inspire and lead others to action.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm in an outward-facing role.
- Effective use of remote digital communication.
- Frequent travel and representation of SRAlab.
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.