If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? (CLICK HERE) OR CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE: HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WATCH?V=OPN86QVNKFU
At BMC, the Customer Service Yard associate is responsible for creating a welcoming, effective, and beneficial customer experience. This reliable team member provides assistance to customers in pulling their orders, inspecting merchandise, and making returns. They also provide assistance and support to their team.
- Provides sales assistance to customers on orders and returns.
- Must successfully pass company-provided forklift operator training program and maintain “authorization” through safe operation and following of procedures.
- Operates forklift to load and unload trucks and rail cars as directed by supervisor.
- Assists truck drivers in loading merchandise and materials ensuring it is safely and properly handled to prevent damage.
- Assists truck drivers in unloading of and returning of credit items. Ensures these items are returned to proper storage location.
- Unloads incoming freight and checks count to see if it is correct.
- Completes necessary reports, i.e., checks orders filled, checks material received and forklift inspections sheets.
- Keeps work area clean and litter free.
- Performs duties in a safe manner observing safe procedures while constantly alert to any unsafe working conditions.
- Loads and safely handles customer orders.
- Minimum education required— High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
- Special skills required—Ability to operate a forklift with hand and foot controls.
- Other-- Ability to do basic math, read instructions and complete forms. Communicate with customers, other associates and supervisors using verbal and written skills. Knowledge and ability to use safe lifting techniques. Ability to lift up to and including 100 lbs. On a repetitive basis.
- Minimum experience required—3 months experience in building materials industry.