THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN NEW ALBANY, IN
AT LEAST 10 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE CRUISE INDUSTRY ARE REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION IN THIS ROLE.
FOR CONSIDERATION, IN ADDITION TO THIS RESUME/APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCESS, ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK INTO A NEW BROWSER WINDOW AND COMPLETE: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/6E6B8A
The Chief Marketing Officer role is headquartered at the company’s Corporate Offices in NEW ALBANY, INDIANA and is responsible for developing the organization’s marketing and sales strategy, and driving all activities to enhance the image and public awareness of American Queen Steamboat Company. The CMO also, in the future, may have direct oversight of the company’s call center for reservations sales, service and support, as well as product development and shore excursions. This position works closely with the Board of Directors and senior leadership to effectively implement these efforts. The Chief Marketing Officer is a strategic, proactive, business minded thinker that is responsible for business and marketing analytics and forecasting of such.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with senior staff to develop and implement a marketing and sales strategy consistent with the mission and strategic goals of the organization; manage the overall marketing and sales budgets and direct and oversee the work of the marketing and sales
- Serve as company public relations and press representative; create and implement all media plans and budgets for print, web, TV and
- Coordinate press releases, news conferences, editorial boards and interviews/statements on behalf of the President, program staff and the Board of
- Manage content and flow of all outbound communications including website, e-newsletter, social media channels, annual report and print
- Develop and oversee production and implementation of all marketing and special events, including targeted
- Create and implement an aggressive public/media relations campaign to promote AQSC programs and initiatives and maintain press coverage through the development of relationships with key local and regional
- Conduct and/or oversee marketing research and analysis; develop metrics to assess the effectiveness of marketing
- Ensure behavior and performance supports the company’s Mission; promotes year-round success of system
- Follow company values in responding to others in work situations
- Meet “standards for service” behaviors
- Use recovery steps to respond to others who are dissatisfied
- Make hospitality standards an important part of day-to-day duties
- Be a STEAM System example for others; sets example for values during times when there is conflict and stress
- Trains and completes certification for STEAM system of existing and new employees within 7 days of hiring
- Holds all employees and leaders equally accountable to meet technical, employee and leader standards
- Promotes STEAM system: reinforces performance at or above standards and coaches performance below standard
- Solicits feedback; takes action to continuously improve success of team
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting Required
- MBA preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Prior media training or experience as a spokesperson
- The ability to prioritize organizational objectives and meet aggressive deadlines
- Outstanding team leadership and interpersonal communications
- Excellent written skills and be strategic, mature, analytical and metrics oriented with a well-developed creative
- High-energy and have an open communication style with a strong teamwork orientation and ability to foster energy and enthusiasm at every
- Strong experience in all marketing disciplines and best practices in marketing strategies to creative agencies along with a proven ability to understand the online marketing space, including social
- Previous experience working with advertising and/or PR
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Experience with desktop publishing and web design programs a plus.
At least 10 years of experience in same or very similar role
Travel/tourism, hospitality and/or cruise industry experience required
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests including but not limited to pre-employment, reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
Office environment; elevator and stairs available. Work is administrative in nature. Travel may be required for various events, as well as travel to our vessels for both familiarization and ongoing product knowledge.
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand and walk frequently
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ability to carry, push/pull and/or lift materials weighing up to 35-40 lbs
- Ascending/descending stairs safely
- Ability to manipulate/handle/grip materials required to perform job