- continually work to promote the orderline
- Observes company safety rules and complies with safety practices.
- Must be proficient in all Printing Assistant duties.
- Must remain proficient in all 2nd Press Operator duties.
- Ensures that product quality, production efficiencies, and scrap rates meet or exceeds established standards. Ensures that all required quality checks are performed and communicated to operator.
- Assists in safe and efficient operation of extruders, printers, metalizers, laminators, cutters, gluers, and all support equipment.
- Performs operator duties during operator absence.
- Aids in identifying and resolving process and machine problems.
- Participates in make-ready preparation for assigned equipment.
- Performs maintenance and preventive maintenance as required.
- Prepares necessary reports as required to accomplish production goals.
- Trains other personnel in all job aspects.
- Provides shift-to-shift communications to ensure that workflow is consistent and uninterrupted.
- Performs general housekeeping functions in assigned area.
- Responsible for compliance with all facility food safety, food defense, and quality policies and procedures including product safety (GMPs)/Sanitation policies and procedures. Employee must ss and cleanliness of their work area in support of AIB/5S and other company standards.
- Must be supportive of GPI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
- Must be supportive and involved in GPI efforts for LEAN, 5S, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement programs and processes.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Strives to clearly understand customer requirements and delivers results to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Ability and responsibility to stop any process that is not meeting food safety requirements.
Ability and responsibility to stop any process that is not meeting customer quality requirements.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster
- High School Diploma/Equivalent required.
- At least one year of experience with the same or similar equipment is required.
- Frequent/strenuous physical effort (lifting, moving heavy objects, etc.) required.
- Graphic Packaging International is on a 7-day continuous operation. Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Frequently exposed to conditions involving noise, fumes, and hazardous chemicals