- Currently majoring in Communications, Media Relations, Marketing, Digital/Social Media Marketing, Special Events, Advertising, Brand Marketing, or a related field.
- Currently enrolled as a part-time or full-time college student.
- Current sophomore standing or higher.
- Reliable transportation is a must.
- Firm grasp and extensive knowledge of managing social media accounts and staying up-to-date with social media trends and new applications.
- Previous related experience in marketing or communications is a plus.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is preferred, but not required.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to assist with MAJOR fundraising events; High energy, flexibility, and enthusiasm is a must!
- Enthusiasm and excitement for the mission of Harbor House and the participants and families we serve.
Start Date: Will accept TWO interns per semester. Positions open until filled. Accepting part-time or full-time interns year-round.
This opportunity is unpaid, but the experience you gain is priceless!
Hours: Must be able to intern (part-time or full-time) during normal office hours; M-F 8am-5pm. Some nights and weekends may be required (for special events).